Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wow! city requirements  (Read 3589 times)
N1BIL

Ignore
« on: July 24, 2012, 11:49:32 AM »

I live in Ridgecrest, CA. I went to the city bulding department to obtain a permit to install a 40 ft tower.  There I started a permit but require a dievation from the planning depaqrtment, due tocity  restrictions on height to 36 feet.  I must also obtain $400. dollars worth of engineering from Universal Manfacturing, even though I have the Universal towers original manual showing installation requirements including the footing (base).  I have no idea how much tougher the city can make putting up a tower. I gave them a plot map showing the towers proposed location and copies of the mfg. manuals. Guess we will see.
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 01:27:05 PM »

How about putting up a 36' tower? Would that simplify the process?
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 01:31:17 PM »

Quote from:  link=topic=84346.msg610325#msg610325 date=1343155772
I have no idea how much tougher the city can make putting up a tower.

If an engineering review is all you run into, you've got nothing to complain about.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM
W0MT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 01:41:28 PM »

I don’t think it is unreasonable for the city to require an engineering report for the specific location where you want to erect a tower. The means of anchoring a tower can vary greatly depending on the soil conditions where the tower is to be placed. Locating it on loose, sandy soil requires more substantial anchoring than if it is located on firm ground with bedrock close to the surface.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: