Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heathkit  (Read 2259 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »

especially for AC5UP

http://www.arrl.org/news/heathkit-declares-bankruptcy-closes-for-good-again
KC2VDM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:47:58 PM »

AC5UP can rest easy now. Grin Grin
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »

Heathkit owner Don Desrochers told the newspaper that he has filed for bankruptcy and a bank now owns what’s left of Heathkit; the bank is disposing of some items via online auctions. “The situation was purely one of the economy,” he explained in the article. “Heathkit was primarily dependent upon federal and state funding for schools. Spending in education continued to drop down, and it was economically unfeasible to continue operating. When we got back into the kit business, we were losing the education business faster than we were growing the kit business. It was not sustainable.”

The gummint.

Yet again. 

Don't let the gummint get inside yo' bidness...

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »

The new death sentence

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you".

It doesn't matter WHICH government or WHICH country, either.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 09:52:35 AM »

5UP will rest only when the last Heathkit has been reduced to aluminum dust that is being consumed by aluminum spiders. Grin

5UP version of Hell:  A complete Heath line and only able to communicate with other Heathkit owners and all of them having problems!  LOLROFLMAO
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »

Little did I realize I've developed something of a following.........   Roll Eyes

At least now we can be sure that if Heathshkit comes back again it will be as a true zombie since they've been dead at least once.  Years ago there was a joke about whether Richard M. Nixon could re-energize his political career after his death and the punchline was that he'd seen political death twice in the 60's yet managed to be elected in 1968, so keep an eye on that gravestone.

I don't see this happening to Heathshkit, because, as we have to admit, Nixon was more likeable.  I should also mention that I used the line about the Ham station in Hell being 100% Benton Harbor Green sometime in late 2011.  It's one of my favorites.  And, I see the unintentional Heathshkit humor continues without me in this thread: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,84408.0.html   N3FOH posted the same question in two different forums and got the same answer from two different OM's................ R T F B.

I'll leave you with one last thought...........  What's the difference between an old Heathshkit catalog and a fresh pile of crap?

The catalog draws more flies and amateurs.

Grin

Never change a password on a Friday                
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »

5UP only spits Benton Harbor Green because he had a garage full of unbuilts he dumped last week... .
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 11:41:10 PM »

...like the Salmon that must return from the sea to the stream of its birth to spawn and die, so too must a Heathshkit return to the landfill where it was born.

Somewhere, in the darkness, a HazWaste-101 buried under a ton of used Pampers is trying to spawn with the dash panel and factory radio from a '96 Ford Taurus.

Never change a password on a Friday                
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 10:43:53 AM »

Heathkit owner Don Desrochers told the newspaper that he has filed for bankruptcy and a bank now owns what’s left of Heathkit; the bank is disposing of some items via online auctions. “The situation was purely one of the economy,” he explained in the article. “Heathkit was primarily dependent upon federal and state funding for schools. Spending in education continued to drop down, and it was economically unfeasible to continue operating. When we got back into the kit business, we were losing the education business faster than we were growing the kit business. It was not sustainable.”

The gummint.

Yet again. 

Don't let the gummint get inside yo' bidness...

According to the bonehead in the White House, it isn't YOUR business .... it was created by SOMEONE else!!! Go figure?Huh

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: