Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CB on 10m What to do?  (Read 9328 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2012, 05:03:50 AM »

Now we're splitting hairs.  Calling CQ is asking for a contact, permissible under the FCC regs.  A broadcast concerning a bootlegger is not asking for a contact, it's just talking, and that is specifically addressed under the regs as well--as NOT permissible.

Granted, these days you've almost got to be a lawyer to really be able to discern what the ambiguous regulations mean, but as long as you follow them to the best of your ability--that is, as you see the meaning--you should be OK.
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 03:20:32 PM »

do the regulations actually mention calling CQ?  can someone please post the pertinent regulation(s)? 
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2012, 03:43:47 PM »

You could, however, broadcast ham relevant news. Such as broadcasting the latest ARRL News Line. That is specifically covered by FCC rules as allowed.

It seems almost poetic justice, doesn't it?

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »

You could, however, broadcast ham relevant news. Such as broadcasting the latest ARRL News Line. That is specifically covered by FCC rules as allowed.

Back 50 and more years ago, there were OBS's (Official Bulletin Stations) whose function was to do exactly that.  I was one, in Las Vegas, from 1960-1962.  Whenever something that affected amateur radio was happening, ARRL HQ would send the OBS's a card - via the US Post Office! - with the information, which we would transmit in our specific localities.  The cards NEVER came by air mail, which was extra postage.  Transit time from the east coast to Vegas averaged about a week.  "Getcha up-to-the-month League news right here at K7KBN!"  Well, I suppose I COULD have said that.... Grin

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
K9AIM

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2012, 06:04:55 PM »

so wouldn't my suggested announcement to all licensed hams that there is an unlicensed person illegally operating on frequency be legal since it is ham-relevant news?  Wink
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: