Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W9I - Special Event - Ernie Pyle Island in Cunot Indiana  (Read 1430 times)
KB9BVN

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »

W9I will be on the air from August 3 through August 5, operating from Ernie Pyle Island in Cagles Mill Lake near Cunot Indiana in Owen County. Aug 3 marks the 112th birthday of Hoosier Journalist and WWII corespondent, Ernest Taylor Pyle. Ernie Pyle was known by every GI and his writing style and presentations brought the faraway battlefields to our homes. Ernie was like a member of the family and submitted his stories to over 300 publications. On April 18th, 1945, he made the greatest sacrifice when he was killed by a sniper on the Japanese island of "le Shema".

The W9I team will be working stations on HF, VHF, UHF, and DSTAR using CW, SSB, PACKET, and PSK31 modes. Ernie Pyle Island has been registered with the US Islands Award Program and the team will be trying to get it qualified that weekend. Qualification for the USi program requires 25 contacts, and at least two have to be from different DXCC entities.

See W9I on qrz.com or visit the W9I page at KB9BVN.NET for more details.

QSL cards can be obtained for your contacts by sending a QSL and SASE to KB9BVN

73 de W9I - Ernie Pyle Island Team
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: