Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seriously - Why buy a Flex 6700?  (Read 37079 times)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2012, 08:15:49 AM »

the endless baseless pejoratives certainly make sure that success & the positive won't be heard here.  

The problem of course is there is NO Flexradio 6700. It can not be a success if no one has one. I really have been unable to figure out what is Positive about giving someone $1000 plus (and no interest on the $$) to play around with for 7 months and counting. Flexradio's past track record of delivering promises (well known to anyone with Google) does not encourage optimism that it is going to be released anytime soon. A buyer can be assured that when it is released (if it conforms to past Flexradio History) it will be years before it gets out of Beta stage aka Bug Stage... I am sorry that all this sounds negative but it is the truth..

It is why you don't see the developers, the active and the visionaries here.

They do not come here because they do not want to answer honest criticism. Especially in a public forum.  

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:20:57 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2012, 10:54:17 AM »

They do not come here because they do not want to answer honest criticism. Especially in a public forum.  

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Brian Lloyd? He used to be the #1 Flex evangelist around here, but I haven't seen any posts from him in a long time.
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Brian Lloyd? He used to be the #1 Flex evangelist around here, but I haven't seen any posts from him in a long time.

He moved back over to the Flex mailing list and he regularly posts his Flex Radio wisdom over there for all Flex Fanboys to benefit.  It is more Flex friendly over there.

Gene
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:36:46 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »

I suspect Brian got disillusioned after reading the truth about Flexradio. Defending and promoting Flexradio against honest criticism on eham is a difficult job. He quit eham to enjoy an much easier life on the Flex Reflectors.  Wink

I miss Brian. Unlike the recent crop of Flex Fanboys on eham, Brian was articulate and intelligent. He was much more interesting to debate than the "put him on ignore" and ignore the Facts  "FantasyFool Flexradio Dream-boys"..  I wish he would come back to eham.

Stan K9IUQ   
NI0Z

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2012, 12:16:25 PM »

And after 8 pages I have not found a compelling argument to preorder a flex 6k series radio. I don't live in a fantasy world either so those replies did nothing for me.

Still not even a real radio.

Flex might need to lookout or someone else might just beat them to the punch! Looks like as a Reciever the QS1R is already there.

So much for the game changer and applied imagination.  What a joke the announcement is turning out to be.  Glad I didn't have any money involved!

KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »

And after 8 pages I have not found a compelling argument to preorder a flex 6k series radio. I don't live in a fantasy world either so those replies did nothing for me.

Still not even a real radio.

Other than the deluded Flex Fanboys, we all pretty much knew that a working Flex 6000 series would not appear in Q4 2012.  They have already started the inevitable time slip.

Once the Flex 6000 series actually comes out and the first reviews appear, I expect we will be into late 2013.   Give it another year for them to work out the inevitable show stopper bugs and some time more after that to fill in all the missing 'features'.  That would be the point to look at it and evaluate whether it is worth the price and the wait and whether is actually fulfills the 'game changer ahead' marketing nonsense from Flex.  I would not be surprised if there are other rigs available by then with similar features for half the price of the Flex.

Gene
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 12:31:15 PM by KE5JPP » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: