Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wire through 2005 Honda accord  (Read 1890 times)
KR6G

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:38:21 PM »

After 6 years, found the entrance. From the engine compartment the blue throttle cable comes thru fire wall, if you look toward passenger side ( again you are looking from engine ) about 9 inches to the left and down 1 or 2 inches you will see the black 1/2 or 3/4 in plug. It pops out exposing the insulation from inside.

It takes a little effort to poke through and you are at the back of the center console, so you have to go to one side or the other to fish your wire, there is only about 3/4 inch space, so takes some time to feed the # 8 wire. Of course use some sort of rubber insulator at fire wall to keep wires from shorting out.

Thanks to my bride KE6LOM for helping me figure this out, only took 6 years and 10 tires.

Alex kr6g
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »

If you would have visited my web site, or ask a mobile sound installer, or even most dealerships, you would have found out a long time ago. It is on every model except the Ridgeline, Pilot, and the equivalent Acuras.

On some models, however, it is all but impossible to get to on the inside of the cabin. The ID is actually 10 mm, which will accept a pair of #8s without too much difficulty. A pair of size 10s will even allow and RG8X to pass through too. You need to at least sleeve the wiring to protect it from abrasion.

KR6G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:25:25 AM »

Funny I have been on your site, several times in the past years and did not see it. But did find a lot of
use full information. Thanks for your site .

73 Alex
W9MMS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 07:56:49 PM »

>>> After 6 years, found the entrance. <<<

Talk about " The Proverbial Needle in a Haystack"   Grin

(((73))) Milverton.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: