Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: North American QSP Party CW This Weekend  (Read 5086 times)
K3TN

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:31:18 AM »

The North American QSO Party CW version is this weekend, from 1800Z Saturday to 0600Z Sunday and you can operate up to 10 of the 12 hours. It is a very friendly contest, the exchange is your name and state/province/country if you are in North America, just your name if you are outside of NA. Full rules are here.

You'll find a mix of high/medium/low speed CW but even the highest speed ops will slow down no problem in this one.

(oops, realized typo in the title of this post, can seem to change that or replace.)

73 John K3TN
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:32:55 AM by K3TN » Logged

John K3TN
WX2S

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »

A North American QSP party might be fun. Kind of like a relay race.  Wink

73, -WX2S

73, - Steve WX2S.
I subscribe to the DX Code of Conduct. http://dx-code.org/
WA8IUR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 10:30:27 AM »

QSP, YEAH  I'M IN   WA8IUR TIM
K0CBA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »

Oh for joy, for joy.....another contest.
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 04:39:38 AM »

Frankly, I would MUCH rather have a QSP party.  Relaying traffic in Morse is a lot of fun and it would be good training for something useful.  OTOH - turning on the receiver to be blotted out by a swarm of QRMing stations laying seige to the bands on most weekends all giving each other silly "599" reports generated automatically at 40 WPM from the automatic contest memory keyer program - why?  

CQ NA QRM , now serving #546, please move to the next window.  (this is a recording)  
 It's like having the department of motor vehicles of New York City barge into your ham shack and STAY for two days, only without the smell...    Tongue  

Remember when we could actually TALK with each other on the ham bands on weekends?

73 de Ray
W7ASA ..._ ._

Ps. Other than that, I have no strong opinion.    Wink
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:04:06 AM »

The North American QSO Party CW version is this weekend, from 1800Z Saturday to 0600Z Sunday and you can operate up to 10 of the 12 hours. It is a very friendly contest, the exchange is your name and state/province/country if you are in North America, just your name if you are outside of NA. Full rules are here.

You'll find a mix of high/medium/low speed CW but even the highest speed ops will slow down no problem in this one.

(oops, realized typo in the title of this post, can seem to change that or replace.)

73 John K3TN

I did not see this in the ciontest calendars, just the NA Sprint CW not the NA QSO party

Don KF7DS
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 04:57:44 PM »

I did not see this in the ciontest calendars, just the NA Sprint CW not the NA QSO party

Did you see the date of the original post?

Mike N2MG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: