Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elecraft  (Read 4781 times)
WA9MNF

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2012, 09:23:14 AM »

I recently bought a used K-1 from a seller on the internet. When I received the package I noticed that some hardware for the KTS1 stand was missing. I called Elecraft and ordered the parts which cost a little over five bucks. I received them a couple of days later and the only charge was for the shipping. Most people would probably say 'no big deal'. The impression that I got was that Elecraft does support their product even though I didn't buy it from them. In my opinion, that is great customer support and I look forward to buying Elecraft products from Elecraft in the future. 

Ed WA9MNF
W7AIT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »

I recently bought a KPA-500 amplifier from Elecraft and it’s a beautiful piece of equipment.  Bullet proof and works perfect in my shack.  I did have a few questions and they were very helpful on the telephone.  They get an A+ in my book. 
KF7DS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 09:07:48 AM »

I will add to the Elecraft "praise". I recently finished building a K1 and am very impressed with the build quality and performance. The noise floor is much lower and mcuh quieter than my TS-590 and a delight to listen to CW on. Of course the sensitivity and selectivity are not equal to the TS-590 but all the same for what it is, the K1 is an excellent performer.

I decided to begin building a K2. Have had a few questions along the way and emailed Elecraft Support, thinking I would hear back in a few days, or have to bug them again to get a response.

A reply, in each instance, was in my inbox within a few hours.

Impressive.

Don KF7DS
KG6MZS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 08:42:40 AM »

I purchased a K3 a while back from Elecraft and I will say that their customer support is the best I have ever encountered in any business.  They make a great product and stand behind it.

It may sound sappy, but my experience with them gives me hope.  I get discouraged with other companies that do not follow through and flake out on the consumer.  Unfortunately, this is usually what companies do.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS
KJ1D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »

I own the entire Elecraft K-Line. I am currently waiting on the new KAT500 tuner. I have been very satisfied with the products I have purchased from Elecraft.
Their products are great...but their customer service is even better.

Richard
K2QPN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2012, 01:25:51 PM »

I will also put in good word for Elecraft. I recently bought a KX3 portable transceiver kit.  My first Elecraft radio. A great rig but that's another story. Occasionally, I would have no audio on SSB. I would start to investigate and the audio would come back. I emailed Elecraft - they had me check some things and then they set me a new mic and a new mic connector. No questions - no hassle. Great service.

73, Bob K2QPN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: