Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New member checking in  (Read 4244 times)
KD2AXK

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2012, 12:15:57 PM »

Be gentle please.  Grin
Got my ticket in January but recently got my first 70cm ht and am trying to acquire enough gear to get a shack up and running.
My main interest in ham is for emergenccy comms and field expedient antenna building.
Thanks for the helpful site and what I am sure will be an "educational" experience.

Frog
KD2AXK
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 05:25:37 AM »

Welcome!  Remember that, like anywhere else on the internet, you get some wiseguys who treat just about everyone wil disdain and are rude to an extreme.  They do seem to be more prevalent here, so don't let them get you down!  Also, for every one of them, there are many others who will bend over backwards to help.

Enjoy ham radio--it's a great hobby--and enjoy the site too.  73!
K2CMH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »

Welcome!  You are indeed correct, it will be an educational experience, a lifelong one at that.  Just the specialization of antenna building which you expressed an interest in will you keep busy for a long time.

Carlton
WI4P

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 10:53:53 AM »

Congratulations on the license and the new rig & welcome to eham.net.  I hope you will enjoy hamming for years to come.
73, John
KD2AXK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »

Thanks guys, and ladies as well. Since my last post I built my first 1/4 wave with ground radials from 12 guage wire and an SO-239. Works like a charm. I am addicted now., It was a blast getting it on the air. Grin
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 09:21:37 AM »

Thanks guys, and ladies as well. Since my last post I built my first 1/4 wave with ground radials from 12 guage wire and an SO-239. Works like a charm. I am addicted now., It was a blast getting it on the air. Grin

Congratulations, Frog!  Building antennas is easy and fun, isn't it?   That has always been one of my favorite parts of ham radio--hope you enjoy it too!   73!  --ken ac4rd
K5KNE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 03:29:42 PM »

Another Welcome.  Have a good time.

Walter  K5KNE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: