Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glen Martin Towers - Pathetic Service  (Read 5723 times)
W3QT

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:04:14 AM »

I recently purchased a Glen Martin roof tower (RT-1832).  Let me begin by saying the tower itself is fine.  The customer service is terrible.  I received the tower in about 3 weeks, but it was shipped without hardware.  When I called the distributor from whom I bought the tower they asked me to call G.M. directly to get it straightened out.  When I called the first time I had to leave a message on the answering machine for a callback.  After a two day wait, and no callback, I called again.  This time I got a person who said she would check into it and get back to me in 10 minutes.  Note that there was no apology for the inconvenience, etc.  I got the impression that this is the way business is done.  Three days later she still hadn't called.  I called again but had to leave a message as I reached the answering machine one more time.  I called the distributor who again asked me to deal directly with them.  I told him I bought it from his store and explained how unresponsive G.M. had been, so he agreed to follow up on the issue.  Later that day, to his credit, he called me back and had it straightened out.  He informed me at that time that even they have trouble getting G.M. to return calls.  So, here's the skinny.  The product was as expected, but their concern for their customer stinks!  As a customer I don't expect to be coddled, but I do expect a little respect.  If you think that as a customer, spending your money, you deserve even a snippet of attention, then G.M. may not be for you.  It no longer is for me.
K6SDW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:54:56 PM »

Sad to hear Glen Martin's customer service going South....I bought new their 9-ft roof tower and was really impressed with the product and company....this was in the early 90's....
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 05:01:04 PM »

Got news for you. It has been that way at GM for years. I used to live in Missouri abt 30 miles from the GM plant/shop/garage. At that time they were installing lighting towers in MLB parks. If you bought anything from them at that time and needed help or parts or just information you were blown off with the "Sorry we are to busy with the big dollar items to deal with a ham operator". Heck even the local ham club got the blow off when they asked to use one of the GM trailer towers for field day and the damn things were sitting in the field next to the shop rusting away from non use!

Oh well...
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »

Perhaps they should sell off the amateur lines to MFJ.
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »

Now thats funny right there!!!!
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:55:05 PM »

The GM customer reduction program appears to be a success!
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »

What do you expect from a company that is selling you a bad and dangerous concept? I wonder how many Glenn Martin roof top towers on the Northeastern Coast survived hurricane Sandy? Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: