Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SV2ASP/A QSL...  (Read 13519 times)
K0RS

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2012, 05:20:46 PM »

...received today for CW QSO on 26 May.  Card was mailed on 14 July.  Just slightly over a three week turnaround.

Yes, I waited until some others had their cards before I mailed mine just to be reasonably sure it wasn't a slim.
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »

...received today for CW QSO on 26 May.  Card was mailed on 14 July.  Just slightly over a three week turnaround.

Yes, I waited until some others had their cards before I mailed mine just to be reasonably sure it wasn't a slim.

O ye of little faith.   Cheesy
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:11:50 PM »

Maybe Maybe Maybe mine will come shortly...............

This one has been, so far, a bit of a nail biter.  Maybe Maybe, just Maybe........ Roll Eyes

73, Gene AF3Y Cool
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:58:45 PM »

O ye of little faith.   Cheesy

I'm turning the faith up to "11" that I will be able to work him from the West Coast some day . . . . the sooner the better . . . . any tips on this one?
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

. . . . any tips on this one?

Yeah, this one's an SOB from the West Coast...bad enough from here in Colorado.  Don't know how many times I've seen Apollo posted from the east coast on 40 CW only to hear absolutely nothing here.  The only tip I'm aware of is "be there or be square" when it finally does happen.  It's just gonna take propagation, and that's been real hard to come by this cycle.  Maybe your 17m monobander will get it done for you.  

P5 and SV/a were my last two on CW, got 'em both on SSB. Now it's just P5.  

I almost fell out of my chair when I heard Apollo (or perhaps a guest op...though that's technically not supposed to happen from Athos) working a split CW pileup on 17m.  Either Apollo has improved his operating skill dramatically since I worked him on 10 SSB years ago, or he bends the rules and allows guest ops occasionally.  

The 10m QSO was a "last two" lidfest, a technique Apollo learned working nets, in case you need another reason to hate nets.  He had only just started working freelance at that point.  To make matters worse, I had to take an hour out of my prime run time for EU during the CQWW CW contest to work him.  But work him I did (as SY2A) and still managed to set a low power record for the 10th district in the CQWW.  That record still stands, BTW. Unless this cycle does something dramatic, it probably will continue to do so for at least another cycle.

Jack thinks I have little faith but it's much worse than that.  I have no faith.  With this one it's "Show me the money."  There were many reasons to believe this might have been Slim, including a host of EUs saying just that.  I pulled the envelope out of my PO Box today still expecting to find my own QSL card inside with a note, "Sorry not QRV on that date."  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 09:35:10 PM by K0RS » Logged
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 01:59:01 AM »

I almost fell out of my chair when I heard Apollo (or perhaps a guest op...though that's technically not supposed to happen from Athos) working a split CW pileup on 17m.  Either Apollo has improved his operating skill dramatically since I worked him on 10 SSB years ago, or he bends the rules and allows guest ops occasionally.  

Jack thinks I have little faith but it's much worse than that.  I have no faith.  With this one it's "Show me the money."  There were many reasons to believe this might have been Slim, including a host of EUs saying just that.  I pulled the envelope out of my PO Box today still expecting to find my own QSL card inside with a note, "Sorry not QRV on that date."  

CONGRATS on the card and, Yes.... same feelings here, EXACTLY.  First, the fist did not sound like I "expected Apollo to sound". Solid, steady around 15WPM and quite loud. As you say, the EUs were pounding and posting PIRATE, so that did not help my confidence either. Anyway, I know I worked him (someone) and still sitting on my hands waiting for that card.

Nowhere near thinking about honor roll yet at 307 confirmed, but I think that Apollo is one I am going to have to have in the log to get there someday. P5? SURE WOULD BE NICE....... Maybe, who knows.  

5:00 AM local here in steamy Florida. (79o, Humidity 97% and Dew Point 73o.... Condensation dripping off antenna like rain. 2 Mph E winds off the intercostal waterway. MUGGY is the word!) Nursing my 2nd cup of coffee and waiting/hoping to get an early shot at Spratly, but nothing heard yet Grin  GL/73 Gene AF3Y
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 02:18:21 AM by AF3Y » Logged
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 05:11:15 AM »

I know exactly what you mean. When I dropped my envelope in the box I was expecting it to be a sacrifice to the DX gods. I was shocked when I got his card a month later.
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 08:44:37 AM »

I sent Monk Apollo a card last Sept 30th for a rtty contact on 15m.

SO FAR.......NO REPLY.

Just for S**** and Giggles, I sent him a second card
2-3 weeks ago just in case the first one had been pilfered.
(The first one had US Currency, the second one had an IRC)

Lets see what happens THIS TIME !
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 02:01:51 PM »

Took a month to get a card confirming two QSOs, a 17M CW contact on May 26th and a 20M RTTY contact on April 17.  Really happy the mail main delivered it before the rain arrived--we just got an inch in an hour.
W9PN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 11:05:00 AM »

I have SV2ASP/A in my log for a 5/27/2012, 17m QSO.  I sent a QSL with IRC but have not seen any return.  I was encouraged that at least some of the 5/26/2012 QSOs have been confirmed but wondering if I got punked by a pirate on 5/27. 

Has anyone had a 5/27/2012, 17m QSO confirmed?

Doug, W9PN
Janesville, WI
W1NK

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 12:13:04 PM »

Doug:

Take it from the guy who tried 3 times to get a QSL from Monk Apollo, GS work best. 

I tried Greek  postage twice, and then after reading that others were enclosing $ with their cards, I stuck $5 ( i know, a bit extravagant, but heck, I wanted that QSL!) in with my third card and within 3-4 weeks had his card.

I don't know why the SASEs didn't work, unless Mt Athos has its own postage.  Try the GS, I'll bet you get a card pretty quick

GL,

Frank, W1NK
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 01:36:57 PM »

Has anyone had a 5/27/2012, 17m QSO confirmed?

Doug, 5/27/2012  19:19 utc.  About a 4 week turn around with $.
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 01:40:22 PM »

I sent Monk Apollo a card last Sept 30th for a rtty contact on 15m.

SO FAR.......NO REPLY.

Just for S**** and Giggles, I sent him a second card
2-3 weeks ago just in case the first one had been pilfered.
(The first one had US Currency, the second one had an IRC)

Lets see what happens THIS TIME !

I am still PISSED the guy I worked was apparently SLIM !

I would like to find him and kick the S*** out opf him.
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 01:42:44 PM »

He does use special Mt. Athos stamps, which are issued at two post offices there  (according to google), although I'm not sure if that means that regular stamps for Greece won't work. I also sent $5, last spring, and had my card in almost exactly one month.
W1NK

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 03:19:52 PM »

I'm not sure if that means that regular stamps for Greece won't work.

Nope... I tried 2 times with the correct amount of Greek postage and didn't get any return.  Once I enclosed $5 I got the card within a month.

Frank, W1NK
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: