Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aluminum Towers  (Read 4668 times)
KC8RPD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »

Here's another option to put that tower up: rent a boom lift.  Up to about 60', it'll cost about $300/day. My local tool rental outfit can even deliver.  It's the method I'll use when I finally add a tower.
K5KNE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 09:58:53 PM »

I suggest that you look at Heights Towers if you want something that will be really nice and you won't have to climb.

If price is a big factor - you probably won't buy one, but I have really liked mine.

Walter   K5KNE
N4BCD

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 05:50:43 AM »

If you have enough horizontal distance NEAR your tower base, here's an option to consider...

Last weekend we used the radio club's guyed trailer mounted crank-up as a crane to safely lift my 58' Rohn 25G fold-over in two big sections.  Once the piece is off the ground, man can maneuver it around laterally some distance as you juggle lift, getting it vertical, and mating to the base.

This is not something to attempt without experience.  Club members have been doing this for years for FD installs. 

73 es GL,
 Mark
KF6A

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 11:47:15 PM »

........I need to be able to erect the tower vertically section-by-section or it just won't work for me.
Rent a bucket truck.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: