Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is transmitted here?  (Read 4605 times)
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2012, 03:07:26 AM »

dahdahdahdit dididahdahdit dahdidahdidahdah
G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 03:31:54 AM »

Is this some sort of trick question?  Smiley

Go on then, I'll go for it, accented letters?
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 07:57:33 AM »

Someone sending with their left foot?
K7MH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 11:57:01 PM »

American Morse exclamation point, a Japanese Handakuten, and an International Morse exclamation point.

There may be other correct answers though since that doesn't make any sense as far as an actual message goes.
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:48:21 AM »

American Morse exclamation point, a Japanese Handakuten, and an International Morse exclamation point.

There may be other correct answers though since that doesn't make any sense as far as an actual message goes.

OK, tks, the prosign [oe] was used in a rag chew qso with a Canadian ham, I wondered what he meant, by using the German o umlaut. He did explain it was meant as exclamation mark. As far as I know that seldom used "!" was [cm] (Cry Mark) And I found out [IME] was also used as exclamation mark in the USA.

Just as with the bulk of Phillips code it has probably no sense to use one of them, because the bulk of hams are not familiar with them and don't understand them when used. You may earn the QLF qualification. The Japanese is only used in Wabun
K0CBA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 09:29:59 AM »

What'd he say??  He's one of three on my "ignore" list.
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 01:36:35 PM »

What'd he say??  He's one of three on my "ignore" list.

Are you not the guy that sent me a QSL, with "Ham radio for friendship between nations"  or such.
Thanks, I hope you enjoyed mine.

mni 73's
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 09:09:46 AM »

CBA:  How do you get a QSL card from a non-ham?  Like, what is a PA0BLAH?  Oh yes.... I remember now.  It's a guy who spreads hate and discontent while hiding behind a phony callsign. 

Frankly, I have my doubts if he's really Dutch.  I've been to the Netherlands 3 times and have NEVER met ONE citizen with the attitude that BLAH has!  Not one!  The Dutch are the friendliest, most pleasant people in Europe. 
K0CBA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »

It's something he made up...sort of like FU2JO....I guess it's supossed to sound like poo-bah.
N0BLT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »

CBA:  How do you get a QSL card from a non-ham?  Like, what is a PA0BLAH?  Oh yes.... I remember now.  It's a guy who spreads hate and discontent while hiding behind a phony callsign.  

Is he REALLY even a high speed code guy, or just a wannabe?  If he REALLY has a call, and posted it here, he'd probably be friendlier. Easier to be ugly when you HIDE

If he had a love of code and ragchewing, wouldn't he like to give his call , make friends here, and meet-up on the air in cw?    Duh...   Huh
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:30:41 AM by N0BLT » Logged
K6MMS

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »

CBA:  How do you get a QSL card from a non-ham?  Like, what is a PA0BLAH?  Oh yes.... I remember now.  It's a guy who spreads hate and discontent while hiding behind a phony callsign.  

Is he REALLY even a high speed code guy, or just a wannabe?  If he REALLY has a call, and posted it here, he'd probably be friendlier. Easier to be ugly when you HIDE

If he had a love of code and ragchewing, wouldn't he like to give his call , make friends here, and meet-up on the air in cw?    Duh...   Huh

Amen brothers! This PAOBLAH is the WORST of what Amateur Radio has to offer. He's a frightened coward who trolls the forums (especially CW) and berates everyone in his broken English about how bad they are, how great he is, and how no one will ever learn code as well as he does.

Just because he's too poor to buy decent equipment, he insults anyone with a modern rig: "appliance operators" is his favorite insult.  He's also creepy, as he has nothing better to do with his lonely pathetic life than to spend time on the internet looking up background info on real Hams and posting real estate listings of their homes, and making fun of anything he can find out about the people.

He often times insults real hams about their "small genetailia" so you know what HIS real problem is. I wish the moderators of eham would do something about him and his degrading, useless posts.
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 10:05:44 AM »

Amen brothers! This PAOBLAH is the WORST of what Amateur Radio has to offer.

Hahaha You make my day.

It is great that we can exchange our opinions right here, isn't it?

The HA7 call presenting himself here,  is surely better in CW then I am, I heard his generated perfect code on youtube. My proficiency plain text  fall back below 50% copy  at 50 wpm,  and he sends  perfect QRQQ code.

Be happy with your appliance, keep being unbelievable proud of it,  also at your contesting results, your bought tower, and your bought antenna in a box, and simply accept that there are guys that find that stupid behavior, a shame for Ham radio. Just like I accept your existence as ham and the fact that the FCC offers you a call, after severely lowering the requirements,  due to lobby of Japanese industry that want a huge market of guys like you.

I remember helping you reading your appliance users guide in order to contact a straight key instead of a paddle.
So I conclude that I am not only a monster as you describe but also giving a helping hand. Guys like you have problems to distinguish, I understand that, so I don't ask an excuse.

Bob
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:40:07 AM by PA0BLAH » Logged
K6MMS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »

Listen Bob,

This is an open forum for everyone. It just seems as if you are way too caustic and aggressive in your reply's. Yes you did help me with my problem in programming, but if you remember correctly, you also insulted me for needing help. Was that really necessary?

This is a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. I'm not looking to get into any flame wars with you but you always seem to want to rub peoples noses in what they don't know. And really, is it necessary to post a picture of someones house along with their address and comment on what a poor home it is? Is that really required? How does that help improve the hobby?

Of course you can have an opinion on equipment. You might love the fact that you built your own radios, but do you really have to insult people who didn't have the time to do that for themselves?

Again, amateur radio is a HOBBY. It's not a cutthroat profession where everyone has to beat each other up in order to get work. I got into this because I love it. Am I the best operator? No. Do I have the best equipment? No. But you should be happy that people like me are here. The numbers of licensed hams are dwindling, and we should all be doing everything we can to get MORE people into the hobby, instead of being mean-spirited and insulting to people who just want to get better at this.

Please. Play nice.
K6MMS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »

Also, I apologize for my earlier post. I would remove it the moderators would allow me.

I wrote that out of frustration with having been the recipient of many unnecessary insults from you in the past, and should have thought before sending it. It's all too easy to hide behind a keyboard fortress and hurl insults, and I apologize again. We are Hams and should be above this kind of behavior. Lets leave trash talk to the Citizens bands!

If you'd like, please contact me at my email address: k6mms@yahoo.com

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 02:31:28 PM by K6MMS » Logged
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 02:54:56 PM »

Oh boy,

Don't worry.

I am a friendly guy, always looking how I can help  other hams, but may be due to my crippled use of your mothers tongue, it passes over different to you and other readers here.  Furthermore you can't ask a bird to bark, translated Dutch proverb: "Each birds sings like his nozzle is",  to So don't worry. I like singing the way I do, and the readers just pick out  the content they like and throw away the remaining.

At least I don't worry  for a single moment.

I use different foreign languages and read publications in those hence, I am not ashamed that the quality is not that of my Dutch. I far prefer to spent my time in another more creative technical way then to brush op the quality of foreign languages, when people understand what I mean.

And of course when people are trying to catch me, or obviously try to insult me, they get a controlled reaction. No hard feelings whatsoever.

Have a nice day and forget any sorrows, you and everybody else may agn attack me, no problem at all,  and I will soon or later react, quite simple.

I feel free to write about my opinion about the present state of ham radio,  the swap of quality and quantity that happend over a half century.

Bob

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: