Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is transmitted here?  (Read 4838 times)
K6MMS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »

Good business. I will start over with you and I hope others will as well.

It was a cheap shot for me to make fun of your English, especially seeing as I only speak one language myself. (other than Morse!)

I understand that a language barrier can often times mislead others into thinking they have been insulted, and I will take your responses "with a grain of salt" as they say.

KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »

"Each birds sings like his nozzle is"

In Italian we say "al cantare l'uccello, al parlare il cervello."

"The bird by its song, the mind by its talk."

I enjoy Bob's comments, many, if not most, of which are very thoughtful and incisive. There's a strong perspective there, and I think abundant humor as well.

For many reasons I am an admirer of Dutch culture which is among the most cosmopolitan and tolerant. Dutch culture is at least as innovative as American culture which is much larger.

I'm sure I'm not alone among the readers here feeling this way.

So, Bob, keep tooting your nozzle.
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 08:45:37 PM »

GND: 
  Don't take a poll..... you might be embarrassed! 

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been to the Netherlands 3 times.  I have talked to PA0 hams since 1956 when I was stationed in Germany.  I love the Dutch.  They are the in my opinion the most beautiful, healthy and pleasant people in the world!  I have never met a Dutchman that I didn't like or one that was rude.  During my 3 stays there they were always pleasant and helpful.  Until Bob.

I admire his ability to speak English, which is a second language and recently he has been helping here on eHam.  However, he goes "off" quite often is rude and insulting for which there is NO excuse!
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »

GND:  
 Don't take a poll..... you might be embarrassed!  

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've been to the Netherlands 3 times.  I have talked to PA0 hams since 1956 when I was stationed in Germany.  I love the Dutch.  They are the in my opinion the most beautiful, healthy and pleasant people in the world!  I have never met a Dutchman that I didn't like or one that was rude.  During my 3 stays there they were always pleasant and helpful.  Until Bob.

Still a Dutchman Al, also my parents and their parents. Believe it of not, I even often walk on wooden shoes.
However not when snow, and not on muddy slopes. I also don't ascend (climbing) a ladder with them on my feet.

1956 19-sets were for sale in the bulk, and a lot of future hams were buying them and unlis with AM on 80 and 40m.
Before that time everyone build his own equipment. At least the transmitter, rx was BC348, R1155 or AR88 or B21 and the like.

100 years ham radio and it is going to die fast and soon.

Just as I.

73 Bob
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:54:58 PM by PA0BLAH » Logged
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 09:28:19 PM »

PA0BLAH:  Bob.... I agree with you.  Believe me when I also say I understand your frustration and maybe even some of your anger caused by the simple questons asked here on eHam.

I also understand and believe that ham radio is going to hell on a bobsled.  I have been a ham for 55 years and I do no like what I have seen change down through the many years.  I also get frustrated, angry, confused and disgusted with what I see and what I hear.

However, I feel that the only way to keep our wonderful hobby going is to do what we can to encourage and help those that want to be with us.

This is the time where people do not want to work for what they want.  They want it given to them.  This means that any kind of discouragement will cause them to leave.  While in some cases this might be fine, I always hope that perhaps maybe one out of many will continue and become good hams and thus keep our wonderful hobby going, for at least a bit longer.

This is why I feel that being rude and insulting serves no good purpose and this upsets me as much as those who want everything given to them. 

Al
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: