Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 9M4SLL and D64K  (Read 1230 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: August 10, 2012, 04:32:56 PM »

I dont know if anyone else has noticed that the QRM AND the QRN has increased on the signals from both expeditions. At least here in Florida, all the bands seem to be noiser and the QRM continues to grow. I dont think its my imagination Huh

Glad I got lucky early and got contacts with both for two ATNOs.

I only heard Spratly loud enough to work and that was on 40 CW on 09-08 at greyline.

Hope everyone who needs these two has em by now. Grin  73, Gene AF3Y
VE3YF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 04:52:48 PM »

Gene:

I fully concur. I worked Spratly earlier in the week on phone and signals were good, however I need Comoros on CW and RTTY of which got them on CW a few times, just listening to them this afternoon and evening on 17m Phone and very rough copy with lots of QRN as you mentioned. Things hopefully will improve for D64K as I still need them on RTTY. Oh well time will tell.........

73 De Mike
VE3YF
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »

I've been surprised at how little malicious QRM there has been.  I had a QSO with D64K this afternoon on 15 CW that had more than its share of morons, but out of seven Qs between the two expeditions that's really the only one that was a bit frustrating.  Called 9M4SLL this morning on 17m CW. He was right down in the mud and working EU but he came right back.  You just never know...
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »

I've been surprised at how little malicious QRM there has been.  I had a QSO with D64K this afternoon on 15 CW that had more than its share of morons, but out of seven Qs between the two expeditions that's really the only one that was a bit frustrating.  Called 9M4SLL this morning on 17m CW. He was right down in the mud and working EU but he came right back.  You just never know...

Gene...I tend to agree with the above comments...sure we have the usual morons and tuner-uppers, but I haven't found the QRM to be at the really malicious levels
that was attracted by some recent DXpeditions....even the kops seem to be generally behaving.

Dunno...just my $.02.

73 de harry, W6DXO

NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 11:20:50 AM »

With two expeditions to rare places isn't it only natural QRM would increase?

Chris/NU1O
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: