Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clifton Precision DC Motors  (Read 2247 times)
G0VKT

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2012, 07:35:02 AM »

I was wondering if anyone in the U.S. can help with the specification on a couple of motors that I has as they were made in Clifton Heights PA.

Part numbers:

DH-4000-AB-1

DH-2250-AY-1

I was having a junk box sort out and I have had them for at least 15 years.
If I can find out the specifactions I can decide whether to keep or get rid of them.
I don't think they are in business anymore. Similar are listed on Ebay in the States, but with no technical data.

I got them from a junk sale for pennies. I was told that the first motor would have been one of three that were used to turn a Chieftain tank turret. But the only information I can find is that they were used by DEC

Any help would be much appreciated.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:03:38 AM »

If the DH-2250 you have looks like this:   http://www.recycledgoods.com/products/Clifton-Precision-DTH-2250-V-1-DC-Permanent-Magnet-Motor.html

IIRC, GE used a similar motor to position the the print head in their 70's vintage Terminet line of computer terminals. I have one in my garage that may have come from a Xerox (Diablo) daisy wheel printer, but the Terminet is more likely. Let's just say it has been a while since I tore them down.

Nothing says 'obsolete' as loudly as this:     http://histoireinform.com/Histoire/+infos2/Terminet_340.jpg

Which might explain why I found almost nothing about these motors on the web. I can tell you they are very cool to look at and something I'm reluctant to throw out 'cuz it must have been an expensive piece back in the day, but without any usefulness my left brain is hard pressed to justify why I keep it.    Tongue

Never change a password on a Friday                
G0VKT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:05:55 AM »

The motor looks exactly the same as in the picture and the dimensions all check out. I really cannot think of a use for it.
I'll chuck it on Ebay as it is a free listing weekend.

The other one I have is about the size of a golf cart motor. So if I can find a spec it may have some use.

Thanks for your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: