Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ-1026 Assistance Please  (Read 2237 times)
ZS1X

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »

Hi,

I recently purchased an MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Unit.  I am very happy with the results but wish to use the T/R function to switch this device into bypass mode when transmitting as this is highly recommended.  I have an FT-950 and as far as I understand I can use the TXGND and GND connection to switch the MFJ into bypass mode when transmitting.  Can anyone tell me if this is correct?  Do I have to use the Linear Din Plug connection or can I use the Tuner connection as well?  Also are these the correct connections that I mentioned?

They state in the user manual that you should not use the device with an internal tuner unless the SWR is below 2:1.  If the unit is switched into the off position, would it be ok to use the internal tuner then to tune bands that are slightly higher that 2:1 SWR?

73's
ZS1X
Dirk Lotz
K1TWH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »

Dirk,
    If I remember the FT-950 correctly, the receive signal can be routed thru an external device by pressing the u-Tune button to indicate that you wish to use the RF u Tuning  unit (which will be the MFJ-1026 in this case).   The receive antenna signal is then input/output via U-Tune phono jacks on the left side of the rear panel below the ground lug. 
    I used the inexpensive MFJ preselector in this manner with the FT-950.  It avpids the need to do any TR switching as its all handled by the radio.  I wish all radios has this loop, the last one prior to the FT-950 that I've used was the Icom IC-735, that's going back in time a bit too much . . .
   Best regards,  Tom Howey  WB1FPA
          -= = = = = = = = = = = -
ZS1X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 03:08:55 AM »

Tom,
Thanks for the tip.  I will definitely look at this method.
I have moved this topic to the Elmer forum.
Best 73's
Dirk
ZS1X
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: