Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby NC Hamfest  (Read 3962 times)
KE4VVF

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:42:43 PM »

Last time I went to the Shelby Hamfest was in 2001.  
How is it now since it moved?

I have been making my wish list and was wondering what to expect.
W2TKW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 08:49:46 AM »

I've been thinking about going the Shelby Hamfest this year.  I'm just wondering if it is worth the 3.5 to 4 hour trip for someone in NE Tennessee.
K4KRW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 08:33:49 PM »

I live in Charlotte.  So it is only about a 30 minute drive for me.  But, to me, Shelby would definitely be worth a 4 hour drive.  It is the largest hamfest in this area.  The Charlotte hamfest is a close second.

Shelby usually gets good participation from manufacturers and vendors.  There is usually a very large flea market.  I see a lot of interesting things every year.

About their move to Dallas, NC.  I think the Shelby club definitely turned lemons into lemonade.  The fairground in Shelby really messed up.  The location in Dallas really seems to want their business.  With a very tight time frame, the Shelby club made the transition between the two sites work. 

I know how much time and effort goes into putting together a hamfest and I feel this group really deserves strong attendance.  They really do a great job.  So, I don't miss Shelby unless I just have no choice.

Like all hamfests, I don't think it is as large as it used to be.  But, it is still very nice.  And I look forward to it every year.

Richard - K4KRW
K4EJQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 12:45:56 PM »

W2TKW-Tim- Yes, Shelby is worth the drive. I live in the Tri-Cities area and I've made the trip many times to the various Shelby sites.  At the Dallas site parking is off-site with shuttle buses running at regular intervals for the very short commute to the grounds.The flea market is spread out over a much greater area than the previous sites. Dallas is a very good location. Have fun. 73, Bunky, K4EJQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: