Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Travel Plus Software - Access to repeater database?  (Read 1329 times)
K6MMS

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »

All,

I just purchased the latest release of Travel Plus for Repeaters V.16, 2012-2013. My hope was that I could use it to generate an accurate electronic spreadsheet of local repeaters that I could then import into my programming software (I have software from RT Systems for FT-60, Icom W32A, VX-170 and FT-857)

I have been working with the Travelplus product and can see how to use it to generate a list of repeaters along a particular route, but what I really want is access to the electronic repeater database that it contains. If I could access the database, I could select all repeaters by City and then create an excel spreadsheet that I could import into the radios using the RT Systems software packages.

Disclaimer: I already know how to manually program these radios. I have several of each and need to change the memories of each frequently, so manually programming them is NOT an option. I also understand that I could simply manually type the repeater info into the radios individual programming software, but that is tedious and time consuming. What I want is to access the TravelPlus database which is reported to be fairly accurate compared to other databases that you can find online.

Any ideas?
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 08:53:03 AM »

Did the RT Systems 6-minute video on using TravelPlus help?

http://www.rtsystemsinc.com/Articles.asp?ID=295

Clint K6LCS

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
KB3TWH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 05:03:09 AM »

I've got Travel Plus, and I use it for just the purpose you describe.   Here's how I do it, rather than highlighting a route, I just highlight the area I want the beacons for, and I make sure that the circles completely overlap, so I get 100% coverage of the area I'm interested in.

I can then export it in and import following the instructions that came with the RT software for my radio (a VX-6R).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: