Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SDR software on 2 monitors  (Read 12218 times)
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 06:15:16 AM »

Hi Gene,

As I said, the yahoo group did not pop up in the top 10 search results, yes I realize there are other ways to get there.

The QS team can increase their search engine ranking by having links to several sites, this will organically move them up.

Please understand, I am not attacking this SDR, I simply made a comment about it.  If you search for it on YouTube you get very little back.  Searching SDRMAX doesn't bring back version 5.  These are simply visibility issues as I do,see the SDR has been around for a few years.

Please note as well that I have looked a few times after you have referenced it here with the same results.

Keep in mind I search for new and existing SDR products all the time.  

It seems like a cool SDR, it just needs more visibility in my humble opinion.

I did not say or take it as you were attacking it.  What I am pointing out is that it seems like at least 2060 other people have found it easy enough.  Roll Eyes

Any which way, there are screen shots of SDRMAX V being used in multiple window and multiple screen modes on the QS1R Yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qs1r/ as I described earlier.

Gene
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:28:09 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 06:19:44 AM »

The number of members really does not say much. For example the Softrock40 group has a count of 9162. What should one conclude from that? And if you ask questions in a group always expect the opinions to be biased. So being careful about this is certainly necessary.
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 06:25:32 AM »

The number of members really does not say much. For example the Softrock40 group has a count of 9162. What should one conclude from that? And if you ask questions in a group always expect the opinions to be biased. So being careful about this is certainly necessary.

What planet are you from?  The number of members of a Yahoo group or mailing list is directly related to the popularity of the subject of the group.  At least it tells you that people were interested in it enough to sign up for the group or the mailing list.

A count of 9162 on the SoftRock40 group speaks DIRECTLY to the popularity of the inexpensive SoftRock SDRs made by Tony Parks.  What else is there to conclude?  The same guy signed up 9162 times?  Yeah right...

What group, forum, or email list is not full of biased opinions?  Get real!

Gene
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:29:02 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:31:39 AM »

What group, forum, or email list is not full of biased opinions?  Get real!
Gene

Biased opinions never bother me. What I do not like is overt censorship. For instance the owner of the Icom 7600 yahoo group is so biased he allows no critical comments rendering the group almost useless unless you just want to read praise for the 7600.

Stan K9IUQ
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 06:31:47 AM »

Dream on!
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 06:43:58 AM »

Hi Gene,

As I said, the yahoo group did not pop up in the top 10 search results, yes I realize there are other ways to get there.

The QS team can increase their search engine ranking by having links to several sites, this will organically move them up.

Here's the google results from just typing in 'qs1r' in order that they were returned:

-----------------
QuickSilver
www.srl-llc.com/
Manufacturer of the QS1R Software Defined Receiver ... QS1E Exciter Add-on Board for the QS1R Receiver Now Available! The QS1R Receiver is the most ...
-----------------
QS1R - home
qs1r.wikispaces.com/
QS1R Receiver Board with aluminum enclosure - $899.99 ... The QS1R is the only direct sampling receiver that offers transmit capabilities as an optional add-on ...
-----------------
qs1r : QS1R_SDRMAX
groups.yahoo.com/group/qs1r/
The SRL QuickSilver QS1R receiver is one of the most advanced Direct Digital Conversion (DDC) receiver boards on the market today. It features a LTC2208 ...
-----------------
QuickSilver QS1R Product Reviews
www.eham.net/reviews/detail/7308
QuickSilver QS1R product reviews by real people like you. Only at eHam.net. - eHam.net is a Web site dedicated to ham radio (amateur radio).
-----------------

Note that the manufacturer's web site is the first in the list of results. The QS1R Wiki is second in the list of results.  The QS1R Yahoo Group is the THIRD in the list of search results.  And the eHam Reviews of the QS1R are fourth in the list of results.

Try it, type in 'qs1r' and see for yourself! How much easier do you want it to be?

Gene
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:46:45 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
JML9905

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 06:53:28 AM »

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer.
I got some great suggestions.

I can confirm that Studio 1 from woodboxradio is modular. I looked at the images on the woodboxradio website and just to be sure emailed the company. They replied and confirmed that it is modular but I do find it a bit expensive though. Therefore I  will look at other software including SdRMax V before deciding on one final product.  I believe that some of these can be downloaded and will run even though there is no hardware radio/device connected (demo mode).  If anybody else has suggestions and url please let me know.
NI0Z

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 06:54:55 AM »

Hi Gene,

Please understand, I am not attacking this SDR, I simply made a comment about it.  If you search for it on YouTube you get very little back.  Searching SDRMAX doesn't bring back version 5.  These are simply visibility issues as I do,see the SDR has been around for a few years.

Please note as well that I have looked a few times after you have referenced it here with the same results.

Keep in mind I search for new and existing SDR products all the time.  

It seems like a cool SDR, it just needs more visibility in my humble opinion.

I did not say or take it as you were attacking it.  What I am pointing out is that it seems like at least 2060 other people have found it easy enough.  Roll Eyes

Any which way, there are screen shots of SDRMAX V being used in multiple window and multiple screen modes on the QS1R Yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/qs1r/ as I described earlier.

Gene

Smiley.  Gene, I found the SDR just fine, also the manufacturers site just fine.  All I am saying is that other than the manufactures site and the yahoo group, there is not much else.  

That is the total extent of what I am saying.  It only means that when one goes to google this SDR what comes back is rather sparse compared to most other mainstream SDRs.

Again, I am suprised there are 2000 people or more on the yahoo group when search returns so little info on it.

I will let this rest at that since we could talk around each other all day and get nowhere.  All I will say is by appearances, it looks like it should get more coverage.

KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 07:01:51 AM »

Smiley.  Gene, I found the SDR just fine, also the manufacturers site just fine.  All I am saying is that other than the manufactures site and the yahoo group, there is not much else.  

Yes, and I am calling you on BS.  Earlier you said:

Quote from: NI0Z

Which is not the case since the QS1R Yahoo Group is third in the list of search results.  BSing your way out of it is not going to make me not call you on this!

Gene
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:05:34 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 07:04:59 AM »

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer.
I got some great suggestions.

I can confirm that Studio 1 from woodboxradio is modular. I looked at the images on the woodboxradio website and just to be sure emailed the company. They replied and confirmed that it is modular but I do find it a bit expensive though. Therefore I  will look at other software including SdRMax V before deciding on one final product.  I believe that some of these can be downloaded and will run even though there is no hardware radio/device connected (demo mode).  If anybody else has suggestions and url please let me know.

Just be advised that Studio 1 is $200 for the software only.  It uses a USB dongle for copy protection.  There is no demo versions of Studio 1.  You have to buy it from Italy and then try it.

You still have to purchase a SDR to go along with it.

Gene
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 07:07:18 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
NI0Z

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »

Yes, and I am calling you on BS.  Earlier you said:

Quote from: NI0Z

Why, yes today it is third.  Yesterday it was not.  This is not a suprise to me though as results will change during the course of a day.  I am not going to explain that here as I am in no mood to explain it or debate it. 

I am glad to see its moved up today, as I said, I have nothing against the product.

Which is not the case since the QS1R Yahoo Group is third in the list of search results.  BSing your way out of it is not going to make me not call you on this!

Gene

KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »

Why, yes today it is third.  Yesterday it was not.  This is not a suprise to me though as results will change during the course of a day.  I am not going to explain that here as I am in no mood to explain it or debate it.  

I am glad to see its moved up today, as I said, I have nothing against the product.

Complete nonsense.  I have used google search enough to know that a product and Yahoo Group that has been around since 2007 does not go from not being in the top ten google search results yesterday to being number three on that list today!  That is just more nonsense BS from YOU.   Roll Eyes

How about if we see what happens tomorrow?

Gene
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:39:50 AM by KE5JPP » Logged
NI0Z

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »

Gene,

All the searching I an others did on it yesterday as a result of this forum discussion probably bumped it up organically in the engine.  Yes, that's exactly how things move in a day.  Also, people pay for search ranking results. And part of the selectivity is which hours of the day you want visibility.

There was a period a few weeks ago when you could see my photography under images when searching Flex 5000A' today you have to add SDR to the search and you only get 2 pictures of my station.

This is how things move up and down in search engines, they are actually quite sophisticated!

You can even watch your own postings in eHam move up and down in google overnight.  Don't believe me, check it out!  Just keep talking about the QS1R every day here and any other buzz word you want and watch what Happens.  EHamnews is indexed apparently very frequently.

You won't like see a difference on this much now as it will likely not drop unless something else more relevant bumps it down.  This would be something like a vendor advertising a competing SDR that paid for higher placement.  First they would have to believe that quicksilver was a threat and second they would have to pay google to be placed higher.  Neither is likely to happen any time soon.

Now all this said, I will say that my primary point yesterday was that there was not much about the QS1R other than the yahoo group and the vendor sight out there.  Few videos and yesterday SDRMaX 5 didn't make top 10.  I see today our chatter bumped one item up.  See how that works!  Smiley. Oh look again, there are now three items in the top 10... Well, that's just BS now isn't it?

Still need proof?  Google KX3 update, you'll notice I am ranked today for something that did not exist 48 hours ago.

But what do I know, it's all just BS anyways so feel free to disregard what I say, no problem by me.  Just don't tell me I am condescending to others! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 11:45:32 AM by NI0Z » Logged

KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »

Gene,

All the searching I an others did on it yesterday as a result of this forum discussion probably bumped it up organically in the engine.  Yes, that's exactly how things move in a day.  Also, people pay for search ranking results. And part of the selectivity is which hours of the day you want visibility.

There was a period a few weeks ago when you could see my photography under images when searching Flex 5000A' today you have to add SDR to the search and you only get 2 pictures of my station.

This is how things move up and down in search engines, they are actually quite sophisticated!

You can even watch your own postings in eHam move up and down in google overnight.  Don't believe me, check it out!  Just keep talking about the QS1R every day here and any other buzz word you want and watch what Happens.  EHamnews is indexed apparently very frequently.

You won't like see a difference on this much now as it will likely not drop unless something else more relevant bumps it down.  This would be something like a vendor advertising a competing SDR that paid for higher placement.  First they would have to believe that quicksilver was a threat and second they would have to pay google to be placed higher.  Neither is likely to happen any time soon.

Now all this said, I will say that my primary point yesterday was that there was not much about the QS1R other than the yahoo group and the vendor sight out there.  Few videos and yesterday SDRMaX 5 didn't make top 10.  I see today our chatter bumped one item up.  See how that works!  Smiley. Oh look again, there are now three items in the top 10... Well, that's just BS now isn't it?

Still need proof?  Google KX3 update, you'll notice I am ranked today for something that did not exist 48 hours ago.

But what do I know, it's all just BS anyways so feel free to disregard what I say, no problem by me.  Just don't tell me I am condescending to others! Smiley

Problem is, bub, that I did the same search last weekend and the QS1R Yahoo group was at number three then too.  As a matter of fact, any time I want to go the manufacturers website or the wiki, I do a search on 'qs1r' and the same top four search results come up.  The QS1R Yahoo group has been in the top four for as long as I have been searching the term 'qs1r' which has been a LONG time now.   So for all your talk, it doesn't change the fact that you did not look closely enough at the search that you did yesterday.  Had you paid attention, the QS1R Yahoo group would have been in the top four listing just like it has always been.

Gene
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:27:15 PM by KE5JPP » Logged
NI0Z

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 12:46:11 PM »

Gene, I concede I may have missed it. I am certainly not perfect.  

It's just a shame that a nice looking SDR like that doesn't have more visibility.

The important thing really is that it gets more visibility.

Let's prove my point!  Go out and google SDR radio and then tell me how many pages you have to flip through before you find QS1R.

I stopped after 7 pages and screen captured 3 so I can prove my point.

I saw Funcube, the RealTek, Genesis, Flex, SDRCUBE, HPSDRS, just to name a few, no QuickSilver and no QS1R and no mention of SDRMax on the first 7 pages.  I did find SDRMAX on page 9.

This is what I mean!  

We'll see if our conversation here today bumps it.

Meta = QS1R, QuickSilver, SDR, SDRMAX III V 5 - http://www.srl-llc.com/

Have fun Gene!  

« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:48:25 PM by NI0Z » Logged

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: