Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JustLearnMorseCode  (Read 3856 times)
LB3KB

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 01:48:18 PM »

100 wpm, why did you implement it, it is purposely made for 100 wpm max speed.

That is correct, it is intentionally done that way.  You have to draw the line somewhere, so why not at 100 ?
The target audience is highly unlikely to ever want to copy more than 8 characters per second.

It is not that ridiculously high, as you say, DJ1YFK listens to e-books converted to that speed in an MP3 file.

I'm quite sure that if DJ1YFK wants me to improve Just Learn Morse Code for his use, he will send me an email.

Better you also implement MP3 recordings, instead of WAV files, that are uncompressed and huge in size, special with 22050 16 bit samples/s, as you implemented,  when 8000 samples/s 8 bit per sample are for Morse code recordings perfect.

Creation of MP3 files is patented.  I do not steal other people's intellectual property.
At $5 or more per user, paying for it is not an option for software that is given away for free, either.

There is plenty of software that will convert your audio files between various formats with minimal user effort.  Surely a smart guy like you can manage to do that ?

G4FON produces also MP3.

Maybe he's rich.

You can use the open source LAME encoder.

The LAME encoder is there to shift the responsibility for stealing to the end users.  I think facilitating theft is wrong.

My comment about the leading and trailing edges is the detection of a BUG

Nope.  The sound generation is a result of research and conscious choice.  The waveform looks exactly like intended.

It is not to justify to mention anybody in this forum an anonymous coward

When somebody acts like you do in here, without revealing who he is, he is a coward and he is anonymous.
M0LEP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 02:19:48 AM »

G4FON produces also MP3.

Maybe he's rich.
I think the program has code to call the appropriate DLL routines, but the DLL itself is not distributed with the program, so unless you have your own copy of the DLL on your system you can't create MP3s. Or something like that...
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 07:22:18 AM »

I'm quite sure that if DJ1YFK wants me to improve Just Learn Morse Code for his use, he will send me an email.

Haha, I am quite sure he will not. The website lcwo.net provides the opportunity to compose CW files up to 150 wpm. I checked, and the BUG in your program (not a feature but a bug due to not or insufficient understanding of basic signal theory by the writer of the program , I suppose) of the shortening marks at high speed is not present there, the signal DJ1YFK generates is correct. Your signal is NOT correct.

Your program is restricted to  International Morse, I was interested in exercising Wabun. For that reason I cannot use your program for that, and I wrote just a simple program in C, GNU compilers are included in each Linux distribution as freeware, and I just compile from the command line again when I wish some parameters or features changed.

I wrote:"My comment about the leading and trailing edges is the detection of a BUG"

Quote from: LB3KB
Nope.  The sound generation is a result of research and conscious choice.  The waveform looks exactly like intended.

LOOKS exactly??
You wrote you don't have to look to Morse but use your ears:
Quote from: LB3KB
Who in their right mind would want to see Morse code ?

Once again - What do your ears tell you ?

By looking to the signal form on a display I noticed the bug, that bug is extremely pronounced at 100 wpm, the mark space ratio of dots falls back to 30% instead of the required 50%. I handed a way to listen on time scale, that however is chasing wild gooses according to you. So, I am afraid the quality of your 'research', generating a new time scale being not the required 1:1:3:7 is not what  it ought to be.

I wrote: "It is not to justify to mention anybody in this forum an anonymous coward"
Quote from: LB3BK
When somebody acts like you do in here, without revealing who he is, he is a coward and he is anonymous.

Sic

When you make a product for the general public, you can expect comments from the general public. The public is asking for features, and notify you of bugs. I mention a bug, and I am not asking for any feature.

Bob
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:32:32 AM by PA0BLAH » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: