Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power supply modification questions for a specific application  (Read 8057 times)
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 08:44:44 AM »

Pity there isn't a working big boy. Next year's vacation for us is a trip round the UK on a  special train, involving 12 different steam locos, 8 days and about 2500 miles.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 10:05:18 AM »

I should have included this link:  http://www.nps.gov/stea/index.htm

If you find Steamtown interesting, the same site will take you to other national parks like Yosemite, Yellowstone, Zion and my personal favorite, Bryce Canyon. Southern Utah is definitely under rated as a vacation destination as it takes a certain appreciation of desert landscapes to get the Zen of the place. It's like being in a Clint Eastwood western but with the realization that sometimes an empty chair is just an empty chair.

Note to G3RZP: Two of my more memorable moments involved watching busloads of Japanese tourists. Once at the top of the I-80 summit pass between Cheyenne and Laramie, Wyoming...

http://www.wyoroad.info/highway/webcameras/I80Summit/I80Summit.html

...and the other at the Grand Canyon.

Absolutely boggles their minds to see that much scenery in every direction with nary a hint of human presence.

Never change a password on a Friday                
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 05:59:52 AM »

I was somewhat disappointed with the Grand Canyon. Mesa Verde, the Meteor crater and the petrified forest I found more impressive. But the ne plus ultra has to be the Durango and Silverton railroad. Absolutely superb, and I'd like to go back to ride it again. Steam, of course.

If you want to get a feel for the size of Kansas, take Amtrak's 'South West Chief'. Enter Kansas while having dinner as night falls, leave Kansas as you finish your breakfast, having travelled at 60 mph through the night. Awesome!
N2NJO

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 04:13:16 AM »

What on earth does all of this have to do with the original topic???
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 12:27:19 AM »

What on earth does all of this have to do with the original topic???

Don't know and, frankly, don't care.  I find the comments interesting and enjoyable much the same as "socializing" with a client or co-worker on the job.  Life would sure be boring if the only conversation allowed was "on topic".  Sounds to me as though your QSOs must be a "barrel of laughs"!
Tom
N2NJO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 05:06:54 AM »

I believe there is a separate forum for "rag chewing".
There are plenty of model RR forums available.
Most forums don't allow or discourage OT posts, especially when they go on and on. Many get removed.

To answer my question since you can't: Nothing and I do care!
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: