Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eham pages not loading  (Read 3748 times)
KB1PXU

Ignore
« on: September 03, 2012, 08:08:44 PM »

Since yesterday the only pages I can get to on this site is the forum.  When I click on any other option on the left navigation panel I only get a blank page.  I have erased my history/cache/cookies a number of times.  The webmaster says no problems.  Is anyone else having this problem.

Please advise.

73 Will KB1PXU
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:08:25 PM »

What operating system and web browser are you using?

George
K5TR
KB1PXU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:06:51 AM »

I am using internet explorer 9 and Windows 7 OS.  I had been using these for some time and never had a problem before.

Will
KB1PXU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 06:19:17 AM »

I tried Google Chrome and that works but can't understand why Internet Explorer 9 does not.
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »

I tried Google Chrome and that works but can't understand why Internet Explorer 9 does not.

As far as I know this is the first report that IE9 is not working.  Can you tell me what version of IE9?

Click the Tools button  , and then click About Internet Explorer.

What is the full version.

Thanks

George
K5TR
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 03:35:01 PM »

Some google searches for 'ie9 blank pages' show a number of different issues that
seem to cause this - not sure if any are what you are seeing.  I do not have a version
of IE9 to test here at the moment.

George
K5TR
KB1PXU

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 07:28:10 PM »

I manually opened up my cache and erased all of the files.  After reopening IE9 eHam is working.  I appreciate your assistance.

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:55:44 AM »

I have seen this several times last few month with a few different browsers. I think it is a glitch in server software myself.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 04:05:49 AM »

When IE9 first came out, I noticed that there were a lot of things about it that didn't add up, so to speak.  It looked like someone over at Microsoft had found that some things weren't working right, so they weren't included or turned on, and the version took too much of the users control away from him.  I went back to IE8 and saw that '9' WAS wanting in some things--badly.

I've since gone to Firefox, and now will never go back to IE, simply because I haven't found a site (that I want to visit, that is) that does not support Firefox.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: