Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Judge Uses Colorful Language in K1MAN Case  (Read 8806 times)
AK4AV

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:12:29 PM »

In the latest (Sept. 6, 2012) Order in the long-running K1MAN enforcement case, the FCC Chief Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) described Mr. Baxter's demands and motions as "outlandish", "bullish", "foolhardy", "unprecedented abuse of process", and a "theatre of the absurd." K1MAN's "frivolous motions that waste the Commission's time and resources will not be tolerated," he said.

The ALJ also took some pains to point out that all FCC-licensed amateurs must keep their license information and address current with the Commission.

A link to this PDF document at the FCC website appears below.

http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Releases/Daily_Business/2012/db0907/FCC-12M-42A1.pdf
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »

Do you know what the sad part of all this malicious palaver is? The dumb bunny is still on the air!

KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 03:27:47 PM »

one would think they have quite enough history to collect a couple of US Marshals and a rental truck, head out there with a toolbox, serve warrant, enter, take apart all the bandjammers and antennas, and drive away.

one would think they could have done this years ago.

one would think they could have avoided repeating the same useless process steps a dozen times and just spring into action.

used to be the CBers would spit off the back porch and mutter "kilocycle kops" back in the day.

guess maybe they were right.
AK4AV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »

REQ said:

> one would think they have quite enough history to collect a couple of US Marshals and a rental truck, head out there with a toolbox, serve warrant, enter, take apart all the bandjammers and antennas, and drive away.

Sort of like this?

http://santacruz.indymedia.org/newswire/display/11678/index.php
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 06:10:16 PM »

0.01 percent of hams cause 99.99 percent of the QRM.
Chuck  NI0C
WX7G

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »

That is not "colorful language."
W3DBB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 05:37:01 AM »

Another example of: 'he who represents himself has a fool for a client'.

If Glenn is serious about this, he needs to stop fooling around. If he doesn't have the money, then the game is over.

Not all of his claims are without merit, but trying to b.s. the ALJ is Baxter's ticket to nowhere.
ZENKI

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 03:58:02 AM »

The FCC can get one individual in court yet they cant stop the crazies on 14.275 and 14.313? These crackpots are doing  exactly what K1MAN was doing, why are they leaving these others alone?
It would be nice if the FCC had a proper cleanup of the ham bands and got rid of all the crackpots.
AE5QB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 07:01:25 PM »

Yeah!  What we need is more government!   Angry  Why don't the hams that live near these jerks go rip the crap off the house/building and open an old Texas can of woop-a s s on the guy.  We don't need no stinkin' government!  Stop looking for the government to take care of our problems.
KB2WIG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »

"Stop looking for the government to take care of our problems."

Well, the same can be said of speeders, shoplifters etc. Lets go back to dueling to settle arguments. We don't need no stinkin' badges.

The K1man case needs to be settled; its gone on too long.

klc
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:56:51 AM by KB2WIG » Logged
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 07:47:27 AM »

"Stop looking for the government to take care of our problems."

Well, the same can be said of speeders, shoplifters etc. Lets go back to dueling to settle arguments. We don't need no stinkin' badges.

The K1man case needs to be settled; its gone on too long.

They don't take care of speeders and most of the other things now.  All too many of them rather drink coffee and bother the little guy who is just trying to live than do real problem solving--and that doesn't mean just the police, but judges and the other 'officials' as well.
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 10:06:19 AM »

Strange enough, a few months ago I was on 20 SSB and I accidently was a few Kc below where I was suppose to be for my General license. I was only there a few minuets then I realised my mistake and moved back up in Freq. But shure enough a week or so later I received a warning letter showing of my mistake. WOW, I really couldnt believe it about getting that letter and these guys on .275 and .313 get by with what they do. WHAT A MESS !     73 anyway    Jim  W5JJG
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »

Strange enough, a few months ago I was on 20 SSB and I accidently was a few Kc below where I was suppose to be for my General license. I was only there a few minuets then I realised my mistake and moved back up in Freq. But shure enough a week or so later I received a warning letter showing of my mistake. WOW, I really couldnt believe it about getting that letter and these guys on .275 and .313 get by with what they do. WHAT A MESS !     73 anyway    Jim  W5JJG
You don't know how many hundreds of Official Notices they get and ignore!
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »

I don't think the FCC issues those kind of letters anymore, do they? 

The OO system of "Official Observers" is where those letters come from. 

And as with everything else that involves volunteers, they were not really given any "teeth" to enforce, just the letters in the mail.  Those letters may serve well for hams that are wanting to be legal, but then there's that other group that doesn't...

KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 06:06:50 PM »

Can somebody fill me in here? What is the K1MAN case about?
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: