Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC Judge Uses Colorful Language in K1MAN Case  (Read 10525 times)
KC9NVP

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 07:52:07 PM »

To find out more about k1man, just do a search on the e-ham site and you will come up with several posting regarding his actions.
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 04:59:24 AM »

Can somebody fill me in here? What is the K1MAN case about?

Someone here might be able to give some links. This situation has been going on for a number of years!!!
The judge's final decision, in the last few sentences from the link provided by the OP, will force K1MAN to be represented by a professional lawyer, and that may stop his endless process. Lawyers can get very expen$ive.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 06:40:16 AM »

K1MAN is the call of Glen Baxter, a self styled engineer/attorney/know-it-all who lives and broadcasts out of the Belgrade Lake region of Maine.  He's been broadcasting a radio show on the ham bands and generally transmitting according to his personal interpretation of the rules for all too long now.  His license has been up for renewal for years now with the FCC sending it to judicial review, while he is operating on an automatic extension until his case is finally ruled on.

The hubbub here is about how long the FCC is going to let this joker continue his shenanigans while they sit on his case.  He should have had his wings clipped long ago.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »

He has been broadcasting illegally on ham radio for years, with some  not so nice  rants.  On the other side it will take as long as it takes  .  its called Due process, its part of the law.  same as would apply to you and me.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 05:42:03 PM »

short version:  nutjob band-hog with deficient power monitoring, little or no brain filtering, and a tape loop of random wackiness.  at least he's not using a Swine transciever as the exciter, or you could sit on one frequency and the silliness would come to you.
K7CB

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 04:15:53 AM »

In the latest (Sept. 6, 2012) Order in the long-running K1MAN enforcement case, the FCC Chief Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) described Mr. Baxter's demands and motions as "outlandish", "bullish", "foolhardy", "unprecedented abuse of process", and a "theatre of the absurd." K1MAN's "frivolous motions that waste the Commission's time and resources will not be tolerated," he said

And yet they continue to let him do it.  Shocked
N9AVY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »

Strange enough, a few months ago I was on 20 SSB and I accidently was a few Kc below where I was suppose to be for my General license. I was only there a few minuets then I realised my mistake and moved back up in Freq. But shure enough a week or so later I received a warning letter showing of my mistake. WOW, I really couldnt believe it about getting that letter and these guys on .275 and .313 get by with what they do. WHAT A MESS !     73 anyway    Jim  W5JJG

I don't think the FCC issues those kind of letters anymore, do they? 

The OO system of "Official Observers" is where those letters come from. 

And as with everything else that involves volunteers, they were not really given any "teeth" to enforce, just the letters in the mail.  Those letters may serve well for hams that are wanting to be legal, but then there's that other group that doesn't...

Unlike the Government OO's are really here to help. They are not enforcement.  If you get an OO card , it's someone saying they noticed a problem with your station that you may not be aware of.  Don't go on the defensive if it was an eror on your part. We all mess up sooner or later.  That's why pencils have erasers !
N0BOE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »

ยง 97.23 Mailing address.
Each license grant must show the grantee's correct name and mailing address. The mailing address must be in an area where the
amateur service is regulated by the FCC and where the grantee can receive mail delivery by the United States Postal Service.
Revocation of the station license or suspension of the operator license may result when correspondence from the FCC is returned as
undeliverable because the grantee failed to provide the correct mailing address.

Hey FCC, try this on:

We're unable to contact you via mail because you have not complied with CFR 97.23 Your renewal application and all appeals are hereby denied.

Easy enough, no? I don't understand why this is such an ongoing saga. (But I guess that's the 'justice' system for you - appeals forever even for the most obvious offenders.)
AK4AV

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 09:01:45 AM »

N0BOE sendeth:

I don't understand why this is such an ongoing saga.

The FCC has sagas like Dunkin has donuts.

Feast your eyes on this amateur saga, on the FCC website. Scroll down the page to take it all in.

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/proceeding/view?z=t0rua&name=08-20
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2012, 03:48:28 AM »

It keeps the lawyers busy......
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: