Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sean KK4CWA <-------Buyer beware!  (Read 9538 times)
PG00023016

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:17:07 PM »

Warning guys....Sean is at it again. He is in the middle of a trade with me....and that's where he left it. In the middle. Please, read ad #1013447 from QTH.com for reference. Sean still owes me a mic and power cord for the TS-430 he traded me. Now he refuses to answer emails, phone etc...I have about 15 emails from Sean, but like I found out from many other hams, this is what he usually does...  now he is selling a TS-870 on QRZ.com. Get this: It has a power cord and hand mic. Which proves he has exactly what he owes me and is going to sell it to someone else. I will gladly forward his emails to show you just how he operates. In my opinion he should be removed from the trading sites.
  so, again Warning fellow hams...If you deal with Sean   KK4CWA   you will be sorry.
Thanks for reading,
Kevin N5BAM

Best Regards de Kevin N5BAM
K9XR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:59:25 PM »

Hey Kevin,

Just out of curiousity why did you deal with him in the first place? There have been warnings out about him for months. What would make you think he would treat you any different than the guys that were lodging complaints against him. When ever I see complaints about a known crook this question always comes to mind, especially when it is someone who I know is pretty familiar with these forums. For the most part, theese guys never change. They are what they are.
PG00023016

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 05:28:17 PM »

Hi Al,
Hope you're doing well. I know it sounds silly, I went back-n-forth a couple emails with Sean. I told him I didn't like his feedback. He said he could explain....  I eventually said If he shipped first I'd do the trade. If he agreed, I'd give him a great feedback. He agreed. On the day it was to take place he said the package was sent. I asked for the tracking numbers. He said his son had them with him and he'd email them when his son got home. I believed him. I shipped and sent the tracking numbers. Then....I found out he had no tracking numbers but somehow the package had been lost in the mail? It got much worse from there: Excuse after excuse after excuse. Now I hear he is claiming insurance for the package he never sent? I know, it's my fault for giving him another shot after the bad feedback. I just noticed he's at it again, so I thought I'd better help warn his next victim in case they hadn't heard of him.
   --Good Question Al, Thanks--
Kevin N5BAM

PG00023016

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 05:19:01 PM »

I was fortunate to receive a new power cord from my family for my birthday present. He was informed that I no longer needed a power cord. But GET THIS: his wife said that the only way they will send a mic is if I remove all of my feedback!! Now they are using BLACKMAIL to have their feedback removed! I don't see that as legal being we entered into a contract together. And they are allowed to trade on these ham/trade websites?

K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 10:08:43 PM »

Kevin - I'm curious. Have you tested the radio?
PG00023016

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »

Yes, and most features appear to work properly.

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 04:15:16 AM »

For the cost of that mike, I would leave the bad feedback there--AND I would add what you just indicated, that they said the only way they would send the mike  that they actually owe you  is if you removed all of your bad feedback!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:20:38 AM by K1CJS » Logged
PG00023016

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 05:13:30 AM »

They said the only way they would send the mike, manual and power cord  that they actually me  is if I removed all of their feedback! I prefer not to bow to a childish attempt at ham radio related trading BLACKMAIL...

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 04:08:14 AM »

What I meant is that you should add what they just told you to the feedback already there--adding that the only way they would send you the mike is for you to remove all of your bad feedback from their selling history.
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 08:39:21 AM »

This is just a thought on these kinds of hams who lie, cheat, and steal. I recall that the FCC uses a "character" criterion in the process of awarding a license (and a renewal). Could hams who have been swindled file avidavits on the Sean's of the world so as to block the renewal of their license? Not full recovery but a start.

Frank
K4FMH
PG00023016

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 04:34:04 PM »

I don't think I would want to be the one doing that. That's too far for me. It's mostly my fault for dealing with this infamous guy in the first place. He's had plenty of bad feedback in the past, I told him so. But like a stooge I let him talk me into the deal anyway. It is funny, though, that he claims HE was the one who got the Feedback Forum shutdown on QTH.com.
How's that for Irony?? The guy who rightly earned his place at the top of the list? He claimed to talk to ARRL and FCC to get it done. Oh, and his wife wanted me to know that I had him put in the hospital for weeks at a time because of the stress I've caused him. (As if he's the poor victim in his own ripoffs.) I call that Bad Karma!!
      I've already forgiven him - but I do think he is one sick puppy...

73 and thanks for the suggestion though!
Kevin N5BAM
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:39:39 PM by PG00023016 » Logged

W5VJ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:56 PM »

What ever happened to Sean?

https://www.facebook.com/LandRoverDiscoveryDisabledVeteransExpedition
KF4UOD

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 04:48:59 PM »

apparantly, he's at it again....