Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Distance between HF Yagis antennas  (Read 2600 times)
CT1EWX

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:24:21 AM »

Hi all
I would like to know your opinions, about the distance between the yagis antennas.
after I placing my antenna Force12 C3E, on my tower, underneath, my Yagi Hy-Gain DB12/17, the swr
on 17 is now 2.0, and before I had 1.2swr, the distance between my yagis is 5 - 6 feet.
this is short distance, which solution, thank you for your help.
Sérgio lopes, ct1ewx
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:05:00 AM »

My opinion... Farther apart is better. Interaction between closely spaced antennas is a given.

73 de N4CR, Phil

Never believe an atom. They make up everything.
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 08:20:42 AM »

Hi all
I would like to know your opinions, about the distance between the yagis antennas.
after I placing my antenna Force12 C3E, on my tower, underneath, my Yagi Hy-Gain DB12/17, the swr
on 17 is now 2.0, and before I had 1.2swr, the distance between my yagis is 5 - 6 feet.
this is short distance, which solution, thank you for your help.
Sérgio lopes, ct1ewx

There is not enough frequency spacing between 28, 24, 21, 18, and 14 MHz to allow close spacing without interaction worries.

You should have at least 12-15 feet spacing if you want reasonable chances of success. Sometimes closer spacing will work, but often times it will not. The general rule is at least 1/4 wave spacing on the lowest band for minimal close-band interaction.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: