Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flex 3000 - Pretty decent radio  (Read 4504 times)
K5TED

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:39 PM »

Just set up a Flex 3000, running on a dedicated HP D7600 SFF Pentium D 3.4GHz with 4GB RAM, ELO 15" touchscreen, Griffin knob and Yaesu MD-100 mic. Using Input Director to control it from my main PC keyboard/mouse. Touchscreen is great.

Pleased with the performance so far. No problems. SIIG Firewire card works flawlessly. CPU runs about 35%. Great with HRD/DM-780, MiniDeluxe and Logbook.

Routing audio through the PC sound system, just some generic ported powered speakers. Sounds great. Gets good audio reports using the D104 + Compander preset. On digi modes, it is the best setup I've ever used. No more AGC blackout, better decoding, better integration overall than with previous setup.

KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 01:39:55 PM »

If I was not strapped for cash, when my SDR 1000 was damaged by lightning, I would have tried out a purchase of an SDR 3000.
I had to settle on a used Flex 1000 from a QTH dot com sale.
I'm sure there were some serious improvements in the hardware compared to the SDR 1000.
Good luck

Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: