Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Semi-rare one coming up in 2013  (Read 6424 times)
W2IRT

Ignore
« on: September 15, 2012, 06:32:36 PM »

Hey all,
Just got a flash from The Daily DX earlier tonight. There's something pretty spiffy coming up in 2013. It hasn't broken anywhere else so I will respect Bernie's copyright and not give out any specifics. But it's something that many here have been after for a few years. Not a top-25er, but not common either.

Many EU stations will be scrambling to improve their antennas for this one, I suspect. Lots of Stateside 6s will be yawning. That's all I'm sayin' till the details emerge. Grin

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 07:35:41 PM »

Thanks for nothing.  You could at least give us a better hint than the one you stated.
Randy AJ4RW  Smiley
K7MH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »

Thanks for nothing.  You could at least give us a better hint than the one you stated.
Randy AJ4RW  Smiley

I'll help out with that...
Lockheed made them in the 50's.

Good luck!! Grin
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 07:53:44 PM »

Johnson I???

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 08:03:31 PM »

I just got an email from another source asking if anyone is interested in joining the Banaba team for a 2013 Spring dxpedition . . . .

I just need them on 160M, but that's exciting enough . . . .
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 08:35:38 PM »

I just got an email from another source asking if anyone is interested in joining the Banaba team for a 2013 Spring dxpedition . . . .

I just need them on 160M, but that's exciting enough . . . .

ATNO for me.  I am sure this should be a good one. 

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »

Randy, I respected Bernie's very clear copyright. Don't fault me for that. I was just giving folks a tease for news that would surely have broken within a day or so; likely in Ohio-Penn.

I will be after them on 10, 12, 17, 30, 80 and 160! Only two activations since 2001: one in 2004 that had horrid luck with propagation and a much smaller operation in 2008.

I wish it was Johnston Atoll. That was the very last new entity that I worked before getting back into CW. I only have KH3 on 10, 12 and 15; SSB only.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 10:46:59 PM »

Thanks for nothing.  You could at least give us a better hint than the one you stated.
Randy AJ4RW  Smiley

I agree with Randy.  Instead of a vague hint you should've waited for the Daily DX to publish their scoop.  

Perhaps you were worried about getting sued, which would not happen anyway.  But that is very easy for me to say since I have 3 lawyers in the family who do not charge me. I will readily admit it is very nice not to worry about legal bills but all are not so lucky and this is a very litigious society.
You probably did the right thing in not revealing all the information.

Chris/NU1O

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:52:53 PM by NU1O » Logged
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 11:04:15 PM »

Actually, it's not a secret or copyrighted.  Bernie has already published it in his schedule of DXpeditions and it's on NG3K's website too.  There's also a website up for the expedition itself at:

http://www.cordell.org/CI/index.html

I am assuming this is the one Peter is speaking of.  Some famliar faces on the team, including at least one denizen of eHam's DX forum.  If you can't work these guys you better try another hobby!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:17:36 PM by K0RS » Logged
KH6DC

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 02:03:16 AM »

Randy AJ4RW  Smiley

I'll help out with that...
Lockheed made them in the 50's.

Good luck!! Grin

Hmmm, Lockeed made them in the 50's....you mean they're going to operate mobile aerial from a U-2 spy plane while in flight??? Cheesy

73 and Aloha,
de Delwyn, KH6DC
MM0NDX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 02:28:23 AM »

It's T33A and there is no copyright:

http://dx-world.net/2012/t33a-banaba/
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 05:11:57 AM »

GREAT!  Finally, another shot at an ATNO. Grin  73, Gene AF3Y
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 05:43:02 AM »

Actually, it's not a secret or copyrighted.  Bernie has already published it in his schedule of DXpeditions and it's on NG3K's website too.  There's also a website up for the expedition itself at:

I am assuming this is the one Peter is speaking of.  Some famliar faces on the team, including at least one denizen of eHam's DX forum.  If you can't work these guys you better try another hobby!

Actually - he was talking about Banaba. For anyone that needs Clipperton and Banaba, next Spring will surely be a fun time!
K0YHV

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 06:52:07 AM »

I can use T33 on 80 and 40.  Let's hope we have some good low band propagation for them.  40m shouldnt be too tough, 80 is kind of a different story with my crummy antenna, but did work NH8S on that band so it is doable.

John AF5CC
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 07:34:46 AM »

Actually - he was talking about Banaba. For anyone that needs Clipperton and Banaba, next Spring will surely be a fun time!

I still wonder why Clipperton was chosen....  Has not been very long since a BIG group worked that one with a lot of QSOs. Sure could have been some better choices. Looks like the top 10 are going to remain just that, with no activations coming Angry.   Oh well, take what you can get and make those bandfills, huh?? 73, Gene AF3Y
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: