Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 40 Meter OCF Sloper  (Read 3090 times)
W2NJU

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2012, 06:25:59 PM »

I am putting up a 40 meter OCF antenna. The problem is, I can get one end up at 30-35 feet on my chimney but I have nothing to tie the far end to. I'm thinking of lashing 10 to 20 feet of PVC to the back fence post but this will, of course, create quite a sloper. The feed point will be the higher end of the antenna. Any thoughts?
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:15:12 PM »

If that's the best you can do, go for it.

It won't make much difference on 40m.  On 20m and 10m signals will tend to be a bit better
towards the low side of the compass than the high side.  On 15m it is a bit the other way.
But it still radiates.
K3AN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »

Everything works, and any antenna is better than no antenna. Go for it!
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »

Just a thought,If your fence has a corner in the right location you can easily build a 28-30 ft. tri pod mast with 6 2x4x16 footers,just put a 2 ft.splice in each pair using titebond 111 glue and a couple 1/2 in. wood thru dowels,drill a hole near the top of 2 and a hole about 2 ft. down on the last one which goes straight up in the corner, secure with rope add an eye bolt,pully and halyard.Corner post straight up,other two spread out about, 2-3 ft. and tied off at top and bottom of each fence side.I did this using my 6FT. stockade fence,has been up 3 yrs.,easy to put up and down as bottom of post just sit on a flat rock.    73  Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: