Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dipole choices - I thought I new what I wanted but.....  (Read 5579 times)
KJ6TSX

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »

I just wanted to give my 2cents, I installed a parallel dipole from Alpha Delta and have had very good luck with it, resident from 10 - 80, 80 uses loading coils and a tuner helps with 80 meters. The antenna is only 80 feet long and not very intrusive, here is the link http://www.alphadeltacom.com/pdf/prices_antennas-3.pdf
Good Luck 73's
George
WG8Z

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »

My default travel antenna is a 135' doublet, 300^windowline, AH-4 tuner and ic-706... works well 6 thru 80.
On a recent trip to visit my Daughter in D.C.  found I couldn't get the full 135' out so shortened it to the 88'.
Was surprized how well it still worked on 75/80...On 75 was able to QSO Florida to Maine and out to the Miss. river no problems....The locals;  Maryland, VA,WV,NC,DE,NJ,NC,OH,PA,NY couldn't believe I was running a portable station with only 88' of wire...Lots of 10 to 20 over reports. Just my experience.
 YMMV

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: