Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flourescent or Incadescant?  (Read 23627 times)
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2012, 09:06:37 AM »

I was at Walmart and they have 100 watt replacement bulbs that use 72 watts and make 1490 lumens. They look like standard bulbs but they are halogen inside.

That's what Philips EcoVantage are. Of course other manufacturers use the same idea. I notice that the price has come down.

By putting the halogen capsule inside a regular A19 bulb, you get a bulb that looks and behaves like a conventional incandescent, but is efficient enough to meet the new regulations. Pays for itself in electricity saved - and then some.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Still pails compared to a CFL that will beat it in lumens using 26 watts.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
N2EY

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:48 AM »

I agree 100%! And the CFL pales compared to an LED that will do it using 5 watts.

The only reason I brought it up is that there are applications where a CFL or LED isn't a good choice. And there are folks who, for various reasons, can't/won't use CFLs or LEDs.

73 de Jim, N2EY
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2012, 10:33:47 AM »

I agree 100%! And the CFL pales compared to an LED that will do it using 5 watts.

The only reason I brought it up is that there are applications where a CFL or LED isn't a good choice. And there are folks who, for various reasons, can't/won't use CFLs or LEDs.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Actually LED has no big efficiency edge on a modern CFL today, maybe some day though.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: