Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JT65 and the CW add-on  (Read 7355 times)
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2012, 12:41:16 PM »

I think everyone has gotten off the track of the posters question. His intent is to have more ops who use JT65 have the CW ID on so others can tell if there is a CW opening to the country the other end is in. And at the power levels of JT65 (10-30W) if you can hear the CW ID then you know that the band is open to that country. If it is needed for DXCC ect. then the interested party can go to the CW portion of the band and try to work someone in the country needed. Sort of like a Beacon network since not all countries have beacon's. I use the CW ID on my JT65 operations. And yes you can have the free text line send the CW ID I do. I think it is a good idea myself since I only have 135 countries on CW I am always looking for more hi hi.

73 and Good DX'ing
Roland AH6RR
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 12:22:29 AM »

I think everyone has gotten off the track of the posters question. His intent is to have more ops who use JT65 have the CW ID on so others can tell if there is a CW opening to the country the other end is in. And at the power levels of JT65 (10-30W) if you can hear the CW ID then you know that the band is open to that country. If it is needed for DXCC ect. then the interested party can go to the CW portion of the band and try to work someone in the country needed. Sort of like a Beacon network since not all countries have beacon's. I use the CW ID on my JT65 operations. And yes you can have the free text line send the CW ID I do. I think it is a good idea myself since I only have 135 countries on CW I am always looking for more hi hi.

73 and Good DX'ing
Roland AH6RR

If this was the intent of the OP, it wasn't very well put across. I did not even come close to getting that meaning from what was posted. Glad it has been 'cleared up' for us CONFUSED readers.

Gene W5DQ

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 12:44:49 PM »

73 and Good DX'ing
Roland AH6RR

If this was the intent of the OP, it wasn't very well put across. I did not even come close to getting that meaning from what was posted. Glad it has been 'cleared up' for us CONFUSED readers.

Gene W5DQ

Like you I totally misunderstood the OP's question Gene.

Why bother operating JT65 and listening for a CW ID to see if you can communicate on CW with low power? Why not just go down to the CW portion of the band and call CQ and see if anyone answers. Makes more sense to me than waiting for a CW ID while operating JT65.
AE5J

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 06:42:37 AM »

Why bother operating JT65 and listening for a CW ID to see if you can communicate on CW with low power? Why not just go down to the CW portion of the band and call CQ and see if anyone answers. Makes more sense to me than waiting for a CW ID while operating JT65.
Exactly. The easiest and best operating technique would be simply to tune down into the CW portion of the band and send a directed CQ to the country or region you need when you hear a station there on JT65. You could even set up one VFO on the JT65 frequency and the other one down in the CW band - assuming your rig has two VFO's.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: