Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *ALL BEWARE!!! Ernie Rice, KC8YOQ BEWARE!!! DAK X PURCHASE  (Read 51621 times)
DARTICUS

Ignore
« on: September 21, 2012, 04:31:23 PM »

ALL BEWARE!!! Ernie Rice, KC8YOQ BEWARE!!!  DAK X PURCHASE

I was contacted by Ernie Rice, KC8YOQ about him selling a Dak X CB Radio. I was told he only takes Cash or MO. I sent the MO for his purchase price + 50.00 shipping that he already checked on with UPS Packing. The next day he said he had a amp that worked good with this radio for $50.00 more if I wanted it send another MO for 50.00 which I did. The money order took 7 days to get there using priority mail, which seemed long. Once he got them he started to delay shipping. First day he lost track of time. Second day he had to work overtime. Third day his back hurt. I asked for him to return the money but he said he would ship the next day after the weekend Monday for sure. He than put it up for sale on face book mud ducks and sold it for more money and emailed me that I was a loser and he is sending the money back. NO MONEY YET! Two weeks later he is saying he ripped out the money orders and sent them back. Never received! I am out 400.00 dollars. He is the worst of the worst. To make an extra 50 bucks. Emails saved on complete transaction! BEWARE!!!!!!!
N5VTU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 06:36:07 PM »

Sorry this happened to you, but this is why Google is your friend.  By typing "KC8YOQ" into Google, the first result returned is a 2005 qrz.com post from another ham claiming that KC8YOQ was untrustworthy.  Whether he's a scammer or not is left for each individual to decide, but when I see a post like that, red flags go up.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?64243-KC8YOQ

K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 10:23:42 AM »

Dang CBers!
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 04:58:33 PM »

Dang CBers!

If you want to read a bunch of technical bologna, read the how it works area about the Servo Amplitude Modulator

http://www.cbradiomagazine.com/Radio%20Reviews/ARF%202001/ARF%202001%20SSB%20CB%20Radio.html

He seems to be an occasionally  shady fellow:

http://www.antiqueradios.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204382&start=0

N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »

Dak X had horrible reputation. They were nothing more than eye candy.
KB2WIG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:52:51 PM »

Not knowing all the details, I'll still venture a comment. It appears that DARTICUS is a CB operator. Not that there's anything wrong with that. And Mr Rice is selling him a radio and amp.

"The next day he said he had a amp that worked good with this radio for $50.00 more if I wanted it send another MO for 50.00 "

The seller is providing an "illegal" amp to a person who will use it on a CB frequency. So he is 'aiding and abetting' an illegal act. So why would anyone expect the seller to be trustworthy?

Again, I'm not making allegations regarding Darticus or Mr Rice.

klc
K7EDL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 07:00:43 AM »

Darticus  Contact where you bought the money orders (hopefully the post office) and see if they have been cashed in . Then if you sent the money orders by US mail file a report with your local postal inspector postal fraud is a federal offence.

Eric

KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »

SAM:  you have to read a library rack full of government policy documents to come across as much seat-of-the-pants gobbledygook as that typed sheet had on it.

"this is your typewriter on drugs."
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 03:46:59 AM »

There are  host of scammers out there....QTH.COM use to have a forum with just that info and it got closed a few months ago...before ever doing business with anyone,....check on line for any pertinent information....one search on a call like N3DG, you will see it goes back decades of scammer many amateurs out of money.  And yes, this guy is still out there doing it to this day....pays to "search"....
MAGNUM257

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51:12 PM »

Not knowing all the details, I'll still venture a comment. It appears that DARTICUS is a CB operator. Not that there's anything wrong with that. And Mr Rice is selling him a radio and amp.

"The next day he said he had a amp that worked good with this radio for $50.00 more if I wanted it send another MO for 50.00 "

The seller is providing an "illegal" amp to a person who will use it on a CB frequency. So he is 'aiding and abetting' an illegal act. So why would anyone expect the seller to be trustworthy?

klc

Then why even mention all this?
AD4DQ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »

Darticus  Contact where you bought the money orders (hopefully the post office) and see if they have been cashed in . Then if you sent the money orders by US mail file a report with your local postal inspector postal fraud is a federal offence.

Eric

Thats a good idea, I did that one time for $100 I tried to buy a radio a couple years ago. it's sad people try to scam you. Using a money order is taking a chance. Maybe if you use delivery confirmation or something else like insurance.
W5TTW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »

klc

Then why even mention all this?
It's a ham thing.  You wouldn't understand.
W9BKR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »

He's posting it on You Tube...just put this lid's callsign KC9YOQ and you can view his many vids...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: