Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New dual VHF/UHF base transceiver, what's good?  (Read 2092 times)
W7FJ

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2012, 05:20:50 PM »

Hi guys, I'm looking to update my shack dual band transceiver. I'd like to get some ideas on what the best types of transceivers are out there for around $500 that can do APRS with a built in GPS, Digipeating, Crossbanding and Echolink, etc... I don't really care about D-Star at this point since we don't have a D-Star repeater in our area. I have been looking at the TM-D710a and the FTM350, but I'm sure there are more out there that others have used that have these features too. Please drop me quick note as to what you might be using that has been reliable for you, so I can make my decision?

Thanks,
Rob

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:58:48 AM »

I'm not into APRS, however, for what it is worth, everyone I know who is, uses the Kenwood 710A. All you need is the data from a GPS.

W7FJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:39:59 PM »

Yeah, the 710 seems like a nice radio that does a lot. I guess I'm surprised there isn't more responses to this. I'll have to read some of the reviews on various radios. Thanks for your comments.

Rob
w7fj
M6GOM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 04:54:17 PM »

I've had both the TM-D710 and the FTM-350. The 350 is truly Yaesu's lemon. Nothing about it makes sense, especially when you try to use it mobile. Everything negative you read in the reviews is correct.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: