Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: Connecting Central Electronics sideband slicer to the SX-28 receiver  (Read 2223 times)
N6YW

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »

I have a CE model B sideband slicer/Q multiplier that I would like to interface to my SX-28 receiver.
There is mention in the CE manual of connections for another Hallicrafters receiver, model SX-71.
I am curious if the basic principle is that same in this adaptation. If anyone can point me in a specific manner pertaining to the SX-28, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you,
Billy N6YW
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »

Those CE sideband slicers/Q multipliers were common around 1960. But I've noticed that they aren't often shown with boat anchors nowadays. I really liked mine which I used with my Collins 75A2 50 years ago. I bought my slicer used for about $15-$20.

As I recall the unit plugged into the 75A2's NBFM socket which had to be slightly rewired.  Surely an SX-28 group has the info you're seeking. 
N6YW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:33:02 PM »

Thank you for the reply. The manual has a generic wiring scheme that I will try.
Maybe the SX-28 group will have some radio specific information for this interface.
73, Billy N6YW
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 02:17:56 PM »

Just looked at the SX-28 schematic.   All you need is to tap the signal from the second IF stage - the 6SK7.  I'd couple the signal out of the plate (top of T3) with a cap - maybe .01 of the appropriate voltage and see how that works. 

73, Floyd - K8AC
N6YW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 07:30:46 AM »

Floyd
Thank you very much!
I will try that, and it makes sense after going back to the manual and looking at the basic principle of the
interfacing. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Q-Multiplyer works for the SX-28.
73 de N6YW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: