Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: USB microscopes & pcb holders for pcb work !  (Read 1470 times)
9H1FQ

Ignore
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:05:05 AM »

Hi all. I am new to this group. I am a ham interested in homebrew.

I have seen hundreds of usb microscopes with various specs. But, I hardly see any specs regarding the working distance, which  is a property, much important in pcb /smd soldering.

Which is the ideal microscope for pcb SOLDERING, not just inspection !

Apart from the expensive dinolite, I came across the AVEN 26700-206, which claims to have  a working distance of  112cm !
Has anyone used this model please, or are there any other models, which are not so expensive ??

Also, there are many pcb holders on the market. The panavice, ideal-tek, the Weller, to name a few.
I intend to build my own, but first I need to know the ideal, so I can design accordingly !
Lets hear some expierences.

Paul

An unknown gem of the Mediterranean sea is the Island of Malta. blessed with warm sun , all year round.
In just one day, you can see places which will make you travel in history from the Prehistoric temples throu the middle ages, the Knights of Malta, all the way to world war two. All the major civ
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »

Paul:  You question(s) have been asked many, many times since SMDs started to become more widespread in amateur radio building.  I've basically asked the same question(s). I have spent a great deal of time reading and Googling for answers.

The conclusions I've found that MOST homebrewers simply use headband magnifiers with 1.5-2.0 diopter lens to permit more distance between the PCB and the face.  Equally, the illuminated magnifying lens on an adjustable boom is used.  As the prices drop, the PCB microscope is finding its way onto more and more work benches.  However, at the present time, very few are being used.  (From what I have read - No statistics to quote)

As for a PCB board holder, only a Google search will provide the many answers to this question.  In your case, the best answer will also provide a design that you can build yourself.  This design is determined by your personal needs or likes plus your ability to build.

Good luck.
KB3HG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 08:11:29 AM »

Another way, what about a USB camera to zoom in on your work. a monitor, LED or  LCD , flat screen or laptop.

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: