Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hy-Gain DX-77A  (Read 742 times)
N2LWE

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »

I've read some positive and negative comments regarding the Hy-Gain DX-77A and must say I have to side with the positive comments. I obtained one of these antennas from a ham friend a few months back and I remember him telling me it performed well just a few feet off the ground. Well, I wasn't ready to install it in it's permanent location but was real curious on how well it performs. I had the antenna standing directly on the ground, not even a few feet off the ground and when I went into the shack and turned the radio on, within a half an hour I made contacts to London, Dominican Republic, Spain and Cuba, Italy and Vermont. On bands from 12, 15, 17, 20, 40, 80, The only band I didn't work was 10 meters because there was nothing happening at the time. I still have not installed the antenna and today I worked California on 10 meters, so needless to say I am very happy with the performance of this antenna and can only imagine it will be even better once it's up off the ground.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: