The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need help converting old logbook file  (Read 3759 times)
NC9T

Ignore
« on: December 01, 2015, 09:13:39 AM »

Is there anyone who can help me convert an old DXBASE log file?  I have tried a bunch of conversion programs I found online with no success.  The file I have is <mycall>.mdb .... I would like to get it to a .adi or something that will be able to be used by a newer logging program and the ARRL LoTW.  I have been inactive for about 10 years, now retired, and thought it would be fun to get back active in the hobby again, but am finding nothing but  frustration.  I can email someone the file and pay them a reasonable fee to have it converted for me.  All my DX worked / confirmed was in there, and I'd hate to lose all of that!

If anyone can help me, please email me at nc9t@att.net   or call me 815-714-4585 (cell)

Thanks in advance

Dan, NC9T
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »

The file I have is <mycall>.mdb .... I would like to get it to a .adi or something that will be able to be used by a newer logging program and the ARRL LoTW. 

No experience with it, but it looks like Contest Log Checker might do the trick:
http://www.contestlogchecker.com/index.html

The web site says:
LogChecker can be used to convert various Amateur Radio log files to Cabrillo format and to convert Cabrillo log files to ADIF format. LogChecker currently supports the following file formats: ADIF, CT v8, v9, v10, STF, TR Log, EDI, ARRL, MixW, ADX, MDB, DBF, Excel (.xls), any comma and TAB or white spaces delimited files.

TQSL can "sign" and upload both Cabrillo and ADIF files to LoTW.

Good luck!
DRBEN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »

The current owner of DXBASE is still selling it for use on some older 32-bit Windows systems. Perhaps he would be willing to help you.

Abroham Neal Software     abrohamnealsoftware.com

Mail:
Abroham Neal Software
120 Delmar Ct
Fredericksburg, VA 22407
USA

Telephone
+1 540 645 5394

Fax
+1 888 645 4696

Email inquiries
Sales information
nealk3nc@gmail.com
Technical support
nealk3nc@gmail.com

Website/admin
admin@abrohamnealsoftware.com
N3DT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 03:58:39 PM »

If you do a search on the interweb, you may find something, I wanted to convert some I had and I found one that converted just about any db thing to .adi. You may  have to play with it a bit. If you can get it into Excel, it can be converted.
AB2RC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 07:31:10 AM »

This is what I did for Dan -
The original file was an access database
I extracted the table which had the logs
Imported into a MySQL table to analyze it - most info was there, but band and mode where captured as codes
Downloaded the trial version of the current version of DXBase
Entered a few dummy entries into the trial version of DXBBase - this way I was able to reverse engineer what the codes for band/mode were

I was going to write a quick script to convert the data mrom MySQL into a adif file, but I saw that DXLab can import a tab delimited file
Extracted the relevant data from MySQL, imported into DXLab, then exported as an adif and sent it to Dan. There were a few errors in the import, but he was able o work out the missing info..

Kind of a roundabout method of doing the conversion, but it worked
NR4C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 07:54:15 AM »

a".mdb" file sounds like a Microsoft Access database.  You might be able to use Access or even Excel to read the file.

...bc nr4c
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: