Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC2300 CTCSS tone query  (Read 1132 times)
VK2AET

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2012, 04:38:45 PM »

Hi,

I have an IC 2300 which in VFO mode I can set and turn on the CTCSS tone with no problems ( a musical note appears in the display).  However as soon as I change frequency the tone turns off (the note disappears) and I have to turn it on again.  I find this a nuisance. 

Is there some way to keep the tone on in VFO mode?  I have read the manual with no luck.

Thanks

Scott
VK2AET
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »

Quote from: VK2AET
I have an IC 2300 which in VFO mode I can set and turn on the CTCSS tone with no problems ( a musical note appears in the display).  However as soon as I change frequency the tone turns off (the note disappears) and I have to turn it on again.  I find this a nuisance.  
Scott,

CTCSS tone usage is covered on page 13.
YOU NEED TO BE IN SET MODE (not VFO) for changes to HOLD.

Using the HM-133V hand controller / microphone:

1. Select the mode or channel that you want to set the subaudible tones to, such as the VFO, memory or Call channel.
• The subaudible tone frequency or code is independently programmed into each mode and channel.

2. Push [SET] to enter the Set mode.

3. Push [SET] or [ENT] one or more times until the “Speaker” icon and “Ct” (for the CTCSS), the “Boxed D” icon and “dt” (for the DTCS) or the “Musical Note” icon and “rt” (for the repeater tone) appear.

4. Push [Y] or [Z] to select and set the desired sub-audible tone frequency or code.
• Push and hold [Y] or [Z] to sequentially change the tones or codes.

5. Push [CLR] to save the entry and exit the Set mode.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you set-up the MEMORY channels for your local/Favorite repeaters, which will retain the CTCSS settings.  Found on pages 17 - 26.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 08:04:32 PM by W9GB » Logged
VK2AET

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »

Thanks!  That's great.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: