Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do these people that want all radios shut down have any basis in fact?  (Read 8786 times)
KG4WXP

Ignore
« on: October 04, 2012, 12:08:36 PM »

Everyones favorite cb clown, aka CB Radio Lover from You Tube posted a new video this morning which had some strange subject matter - - - at first I thought that it was him goofing off, until I searched some videos on the website and found that he wasn't kidding.

Apparently, not only do we have to contend with the HOAs of the country, now there are people claiming that Electromagnetic Waves harm humans and some people, who are 'super sensitive' to EMF (Or so they claim) claim to get dizzy, faint, get sick, nausea, etc etc when there are radio waves are around so they're encouraging people to shut down all producers of EMF.

These people are calling themselves 'Electrosensitive' or 'Electrohypersensitive' and claim that 'dirty electricity' running in their walls, nearby radio transceivers (like within 2 miles!!!), wifi, cell phones, and so on and so forth are the responsible party for their symptoms.

One of the videos on you tube had a doctor that claimed that the police radio antennas which were several miles away from his home made his wife start getting ill, and he as well.

Some people claim that a special 'faraday necklace' will protect them from this.

Are these people on crack? Do they not realize that EVERYTHING in the universe is constantly hit with EMF? Sheesh.

There's no basis here in fact, correct? I mean the FCC has information that is rather clear on exposure limits.
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »

Best thing to do is sell those people bioprotection stickers for cellphones etc. http://www.bioprotectivesystems.com/
You make money, they are happy. What else would you need?
N4JTE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:29:29 PM »

Understand your venting, but I really could care less about this.
Elmers forum is for hams with technical questions, not for posting of screwball posts on you tube etc, perhaps misc forum more appropiate.
Bob
KCJ9091

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »

So that is why the grid got shut down in "Revolution".
W5DXP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 04:38:03 AM »

There's no basis here in fact, correct?

When I started hamming in the early 50's, my hair was thick and black. After 60 years of being exposed to RF,  it has fallen out and turned white. How's that for evidence?
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 05:39:04 AM »

Funny that it is such a modern phenomena, considering how long so much radio has been in use.

What do these guys do when they need a cardiac pacemaker?
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 06:01:47 AM »

It's the water!!! My study shows that 100% of people who drink water eventually die.  Grin

LA3AKA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 06:05:01 AM »

Best thing to do is sell those people bioprotection stickers for cellphones etc. http://www.bioprotectivesystems.com/
You make money, they are happy. What else would you need?

Snake Oil?Huh??
I see no scientific evidence for their claims.

73 de LA3AKA
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 07:14:45 AM »

It's the water!!! My study shows that 100% of people who drink water eventually die.  Grin

That's because what you call "water" is actually Dihydrogen Monoxide!!!

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KQ6EA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 07:38:57 AM »

No, it's NOT "Dihydrogen Monoxide", it's Hydrogen Hydroxide!
 Grin
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 08:43:39 AM »

Back on topic; I know of at least two people who are somewhat sensitive to electromagnetic fields. One is a girl who had to drop out of business class because she complained of dizziness in the classroom, which was full of desktop computers and monitors. However, she is a genius on a laptop, and turned out to be a real business entrepreneur.

The other is a woman who can't sleep if there's an electric service entrance near the bedroom, and who gets dizzy and disoriented when trying to use cordless phones. She can use a cell phone, but has to put it in speaker mode so she can hold it away from her body. However, both women watch TV and listen to the radio, so I can't say that they are in the group that wants all radios shut down.

Both of these women swear that their electromagnetic sensitivity is very real, and if I know two people like that, there has to be thousands more. But tell them that they would have to forgo radio, TV and cell phones, and most would have to think twice about a total shutdown.

Just don't give NYC mayor Bloomburg any ideas....
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 09:27:34 AM »

Bit of a problem for them if they need medical implants or an ECG or EKG or, I suspect, an MRI scan......
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 09:41:41 AM »

The video is satire.

I think the guy is really a ham, but I don't know who he is.

Exposure to unusually high levels of RF have had an impact on me, though.  Now it takes all night to do what I used to do all night.  This, after 47 years of hamming, often running high power.

G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »

A guy I know who worked for many years on high power transmitters. Now 86 years old, the effects have been  that he seems incapable of washing dishes or dusting, but is good at drinking beer, wine and whiskey bought by someone else. He does have problems paying his round, though! Otherwise, he is perfectly well physically and is totally compos mentis.....
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »

Ok, who turned off the Sun?Huh
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: