Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do these people that want all radios shut down have any basis in fact?  (Read 8400 times)
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 11:00:50 AM »

G3RZP has described some pretty severe symptoms of Male Pattern Priorities In-Order.  iirc a study at Eastern South Dakota Semi-Technical Institute recommends not using an alarm clock for a more well-rounded life experience.
WA3SKN

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »

Beware of large groups of ignorant people! The placebo cures 30% of all illnesses.

-Mike.
VA3KBC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 03:14:55 PM »

We have a local women complaining about the same thing. She is trying to stop Bell Canada from putting up a new cell tower in her neighbourhood.
There is a need in that area because of where the location is. It dosen't have cell service and cottagers and boaters sure could use it.
She moved to the area and now is trying to tell everyone how bad cell towers are.
Guess what lady...if you don't like it...MOVE!!
Then need of the many out ways the need of the one!!

I'm getting tired of the NIMBY's.
K0JEG

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 04:07:38 PM »

These folks need to google "inverse square law"

This is the same thinking that had people in California buying potassium iodide pills after Fukushima, or that the constellations somehow influence your personality.
N8CMQ

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »

There is a far east practice called Feng shui that would help these people,
however, it cost lots of money to design an area for them.
If they have a problem with evil spirits, the cost goes way up...
I am willing to give a 10% discount to help any local sufferers.
With the cost of copper so high, a Faraday cage is very expensive,
but what is your health worth?
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2012, 09:44:51 PM »

I would love to test these people in a double blind test.

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
N8CMQ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2012, 10:56:51 PM »

A double blind test, both eyes are blind?
N4CR

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »

A double blind test, both eyes are blind?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_blind#Double-blind_trials

73 de N4CR, Phil

We are Coulomb of Borg. Resistance is futile. Voltage, on the other hand, has potential.
N8CMQ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2012, 06:20:23 AM »

I can't find any stable ones for a control group...
W5DXP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2012, 08:39:51 AM »

With the cost of copper so high, a Faraday cage is very expensive, but what is your health worth?

There must be long term studies on the effects of shortwave diathermy machines.

73, Cecil, www.w5dxp.com
The purpose of an antenna tuner is to increase the current through the radiation resistance at the antenna to the maximum available magnitude resulting in a radiated power of I2(RRAD) from the antenna.
K0HEA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 09:03:58 AM »

I guess after 22 years of working with radios, surrounded by electonic equipment (radios, radar...) that I must be ready to glow in the dark... thanks to the heavy duty aluminum foil skivies the 'ole probe' still works.
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »

Everyones favorite cb clown, aka CB Radio Lover from You Tube posted a new video this morning which had some strange subject matter - - - at first I thought that it was him goofing off, until I searched some videos on the website and found that he wasn't kidding.

Apparently, not only do we have to contend with the HOAs of the country, now there are people claiming that Electromagnetic Waves harm humans and some people, who are 'super sensitive' to EMF (Or so they claim) claim to get dizzy, faint, get sick, nausea, etc etc when there are radio waves are around so they're encouraging people to shut down all producers of EMF.

These people are calling themselves 'Electrosensitive' or 'Electrohypersensitive' and claim that 'dirty electricity' running in their walls, nearby radio transceivers (like within 2 miles!!!), wifi, cell phones, and so on and so forth are the responsible party for their symptoms.

One of the videos on you tube had a doctor that claimed that the police radio antennas which were several miles away from his home made his wife start getting ill, and he as well.

Some people claim that a special 'faraday necklace' will protect them from this.

Are these people on crack? Do they not realize that EVERYTHING in the universe is constantly hit with EMF? Sheesh.

There's no basis here in fact, correct? I mean the FCC has information that is rather clear on exposure limits.

Just ignore it.
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 01:33:33 PM »

Both of these women swear that their electromagnetic sensitivity is very real .....

I also heard of a guy that talks to God through his toaster and he claims he's the only one who can hear him ...... I'm sure he thinks it's real too but Huh

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »

Back in the days when most people were on AM, we did have a neighbour who got some 'rusty bolt' effect' in the metal chimney of the stove: she was somewhat surprised to her my father's voice coming out of her stove!  The possibilities of persuading some gullible person that they were being addressed from elsewhere comes to mind....and you could perhaps get that effect ona toaster.
W5DXP

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2012, 05:13:37 AM »

When I was in high school, a distorted voice came out over the next door church's audio amplifier while I was on the air using a 600 foot longwire. Rumor was that God was talking to them in unknown tongues.

73, Cecil, www.w5dxp.com
The purpose of an antenna tuner is to increase the current through the radiation resistance at the antenna to the maximum available magnitude resulting in a radiated power of I2(RRAD) from the antenna.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: