Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still no sign of a working Flex-6000 series  (Read 24113 times)
PJ2BVU

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 04:20:11 PM »

Geeezzz!!!
You wonder why your post was deleted. It was just a link to your blog which, if I remember correctly, is a no-no on eham.
I brief: Flex demonstrated a Flex-6700 with Smart-SDR for the Flex-6500. The thing held by rubber-bands and in the Alpha/Beta stage (your own words) tended to crash when adding slices.
The video is not a demonstration of the Flex-6700 running Smart-SDR but a sales pitch where we do not learn anything new beside the exact price of the Flex-6500 (a little more than $4000), the price of the Flex-6700 (a little less than $8000) and a delivery date of April 2013. No exact date but one can expect April 1st.  Grin
I sincerely think your posts are a disservice to FlexRadio and will attract only the so-called Flexbashers.

Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 04:31:33 PM »

The radio was shown at Hamcation this weekend.

eHam has again deleted my thread with links to the video and my brief write up.

You can google for both.

Steve
K9ZW

Thank goodness eHam has had enough of you promoting your ridiculous website here!  Yaaay, eHam!

KE5JPP

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 04:35:35 PM »

Geeezzz!!!
You wonder why your post was deleted. It was just a link to your blog which, if I remember correctly, is a no-no on eham.
I brief: Flex demonstrated a Flex-6700 with Smart-SDR for the Flex-6500. The thing held by rubber-bands and in the Alpha/Beta stage (your own words) tended to crash when adding slices.
The video is not a demonstration of the Flex-6700 running Smart-SDR but a sales pitch where we do not learn anything new beside the exact price of the Flex-6500 (a little more than $4000), the price of the Flex-6700 (a little less than $8000) and a delivery date of April 2013. No exact date but one can expect April 1st.  Grin
I sincerely think your posts are a disservice to FlexRadio and will attract only the so-called Flexbashers.

Jean-Claude PJ2BVU

Ha Ha Hah!!!! Crashes!  You have got to be kidding.  They don't even have stable software after over a year of development! Flex still had not improved their software design skills, it sounds like.  Their so called 'engineering' department is a joke.  Can you imagine the bugs and flakiness that users are going to experience with Flex's initial half-a**ed implementation?  NO THANKS!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
N9RO

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »

The radio was shown at Hamcation this weekend.

eHam has again deleted my thread with links to the video and my brief write up.

You can google for both.

Steve
K9ZW

Have you learned nothing?  The eHam forums are NOT for promoting personal web sites.
Tim  N9RO

Real techies don't use knobs.
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 04:46:15 AM »

Crashes! 

One of the many improvements I hoped for when I was running PSDR was a button labeled "Reset Database and Reboot".

Maybe Flexradio will incorporate this in the SmartSdr software..........  Wink

Stan K9IUQ
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »

Ha Ha Hah!!!! Crashes!  You have got to be kidding.  They don't even have stable software after over a year of development! Flex still had not improved their software design skills, it sounds like.  Their so called 'engineering' department is a joke.  Can you imagine the bugs and flakiness that users are going to experience with Flex's initial half-a**ed implementation?  NO THANKS!   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

And you can bet that when this thing does ship their bulldog will be on the prowl to squash any discussion of issues that inevitably crop up.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 08:30:20 AM »

That's why I like this forum so much.  Their bulldog may be able to silence discussion and dissent on their reflector, but not here it seems. 
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: