Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still no sign of a working Flex-6000 series  (Read 24135 times)
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 04:07:04 AM »

No working model.

I asked the company rep about this and he said

Yeah he said blah blah blah  Cheesy Cheesy   Wink

Having had many dealings with Flexradio I can state emphatically that they spin ( S  T  R  E  T  C  H ) the truth. On second thought, like Politicians  they tell you what they think you want to hear.

If I was one if those hams that dropped $1-2K on a "Deposit" for the 6000 Series I would be feeling rather stupid right now..

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 04:09:20 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 05:14:51 PM »

There's a good chance that attendees of the Capital City Hamfest in Jackson MS will get to operate a Flex 6xxx series rig remotely at the SDR Forum. See msham.org for the the Forums sked for January 26, 2013.

Frank
K4FMH
Forums Coordinator,
Capital City Hamfest
K0IZ

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 06:08:06 PM »

I will hate to see the Flex 6000 actually ship.  Would mean the end of these soap-opera posts.  Oh, I forgot:  next season will compare features vs hype.  Very entertaining. 
N4WVE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 10:21:35 AM »

I will hate to see the Flex 6000 actually ship.  Would mean the end of these soap-opera posts.  Oh, I forgot:  next season will compare features vs hype.  Very entertaining. 

Agree. They will be here soon. I just talked to a friend that actually saw one running and said it is "amazing"! I just upgraded to 2.5.3 and it runs great, no issues at all!

Greg N4WVE
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 09:37:56 PM »

Flex has a busy schedule of hamfests starting in February, according to their website:

FrostFest
 (Richmond, VA)
February 2, 2013

HamCation 2013
 (Orlando, FL)
February 8-10, 2013

Yuma Hamfest
 (Yuma, AZ)
February 15-16, 2013

Charlotte Hamfest
 (Charlotte, NC)
March 8-9, 2013

RARSfest
 (Raleigh, NC)
March 30, 2013

IDXC
 (Vasilia, CA)
April 19-12, 2013

http://www.flex-radio.com/

K9ZW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 08:26:59 AM »

There's a good chance that attendees of the Capital City Hamfest in Jackson MS will get to operate a Flex 6xxx series rig remotely at the SDR Forum. See msham.org for the the Forums sked for January 26, 2013.

Frank
K4FMH
Forums Coordinator,
Capital City Hamfest

Any updates - will a 6000 series be shown running at the hamfest?

Steve
K9ZW

WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 08:43:54 AM »

Any updates - will a 6000 series be shown running at the hamfest?

Steve
K9ZW

Have you seen the video link showing the 6700 running? I would think that might
indicate that Flex will begin showing something a bit more substantial at hamfests
now, instead of the mockup software. But, it still doesn't give any idea of when the
actual hardware and software will start shipping.
My bet is that no end user will actually have one in hand before May or June. The
Yahoo group for the 6000 Series has been pretty quiet and very little news of substance
has been released, other than the video.
james
WD5GWY
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »

But, it still doesn't give any idea of when the
actual hardware and software will start shipping.

My bet is that no end user will actually have one in hand before May or June.

Of course it will be May, think Dayton Hamfest. BUT - - the big question is: WHAT YEARHuh   Smiley Smiley Smiley

Stan K9IUQ
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 06:57:53 PM »

Well, since I don't make the Dayton Hamvention, I was counting on them
showing it at HAMCOM in Plano, TX this year!!!  Cheesy
Unless, they show up at the Cowtown Hamfest in Ft.Worth first!!!
james
WD5GWY
W5DPK

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 09:32:11 AM »

I have good reason to think I have QSO'ed with at least  2 Flex 6xxx users.  I believe a small number have been shipped and are in what can be best described as BETA.  Have no facts or evidence to back me up but let me say a on the air wink says a  lot.

Dennis N5DPK

Grin
WD5GWY

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »

I have good reason to think I have QSO'ed with at least  2 Flex 6xxx users.  I believe a small number have been shipped and are in what can be best described as BETA.  Have no facts or evidence to back me up but let me say a on the air wink says a  lot.

Dennis N5DPK

Grin
If you are on Facebook, subscribe to Flex Radio's Facebook page. There is a post there (posted
yesterday evening) stating that during the Sunday Flex Net on 20 meters, that someone from
Flex Systems, stated that the "ALPHA" versions of the HARDWARE, are "almost" ready to begin
shipping. And that at a "LATER DATE" the "BETA" versions will ship.  I responded to that post
by saying that as I understand it in software development , an Alpha version of software, is more of a "proof of concept" and that the software may or may not, be feature complete. (some things in the software are there but not operable) And some of those things could end up not being included in the final product. And then I said that BETA software is usually feature complete, but,
is released to find and fix, bugs in the software before final release to end users.
That got a response from Tim Ellison:"Alpha, beta, gamma, delta; its all Greek to me" , one of
Flex System's employees.
My final post was: "duck, dodge, and evade". In other words, avoid answering and or explaining
what was actually going on. I've got a feeling I'll be asked to unsubscribe to that particular Facebook page!! Or at least my comments will be ignored.  Wink
 Wasn't meaning to stir the pot there, but, to me, the original post more or less says that nothing
is near ready for the end users. And when Dayton comes up, they might just be announcing when
the first "Signature Series" radios will ship. So, what's that? A YEAR of holding people's deposits
and still no delivery of product?  As much as I hate to say this, I'm starting to think that Stan is right about what he has been saying!!  Grin
  Hopefully, things won't be like that, but, time is running out to prove otherwise. Certainly is past
"Deliver scheduled for Q4 2012" then, later Q1 2013. (of course, that one "could" happen. BUT, I am seriously doubting it.
james
WD5GWY
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 05:31:15 AM »

As much as I hate to say this, I'm starting to think that Stan is right about what he has been saying!!  Grin

"duck, dodge, and evade"

Thank you and be happy I am not a "I told you so" kinda guy." A year of conversing with Flexradio employees and Fans have taught me how they operate. They do things in a certain way and the 6000 series is no exception.  "duck, dodge, and evade", I wish I had thought of that myself!

If I was a person with down payment $$$ sitting in Flexradio's bank for a year I would be asking myself: Has the FCC gotten one to test for acceptance?? Forget all the Hamfest mockups, Youtube propaganda, and distortions from Flexradio employees and Fans.

Does the FCC have one??

Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:35:17 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 06:48:20 AM »

Have no facts or evidence to back me up but let me say a on the air wink says a  lot.

Oh dear, here is an internet wink for you:  Wink

What does that say???

Imagine that, Flexradio with no facts, or evidence BUT a wink.  Wink

LMAO
Stan K9IUQ
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:50:50 AM by K9IUQ » Logged
K9ZW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »

Did the Capital City Hamfest in Jackson MS forum attendees get to operate a Flex 6xxx series as hoped?

Any reports?

Steve
K9ZW

http://k9zw.wordpress.com

NI0Z

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 11:33:04 AM »

Did the Capital City Hamfest in Jackson MS forum attendees get to operate a Flex 6xxx series as hoped?

Any reports?

Steve
K9ZW

http://k9zw.wordpress.com

Wink! Smiley

Sorry about that, something in my eye....

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: