Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon.com and Ham Radio  (Read 12507 times)
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 11:23:43 AM »

Amazon seems to be a place for ordering illegal RM Italy amplifiers.

Other than that, I do order a lot from them.

Phil - AD5X
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 03:02:12 PM »

It's probably only a matter of time before Amazon makes one or more Kindle models available for free to Prime members because they'll recoup the subsidy through sales of digital media.
KC4MOP

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2012, 03:03:30 AM »

Phil - AD5X
I don't want to go too much too much off topic, but I'm surprised to read that the RM Italy amps are illegal?? They look like a nice product. They have never been type accepted by the FCC?
Maybe PM me on the amps. I have one for 10M.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2012, 08:49:29 AM »

Phil - AD5X
I don't want to go too much too much off topic, but I'm surprised to read that the RM Italy amps are illegal?? They look like a nice product. They have never been type accepted by the FCC?
Maybe PM me on the amps. I have one for 10M.

Google "RM Amplifiers" or look through the many posts about these amps in eHAM and you will understand...    Undecided
K2FOX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2012, 01:48:05 PM »

I actually work in the picking department for Amazon.com in one of their Fulfillment centers, picking customer orders.  Yes, we do carry quite a few ham and shortwave radios.  The 10% employee discount I receive always helps whenever I see something that catches my eye.

Hi Michael, I also work for Amazon (PHL1) in th I.T. department. Currently out on LOA, This would have been my 12th PEAK, gonna miss it this year. What FC do you work in?

I too have purchased many HAM items from Amazon, between the already low prices and free shipping, PLUS the Emp Disc I'd be stupid not to.

-Jay

KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 11:26:24 AM »

Amazon Prime is great if you buy a LOT of stuff but it's not good if your just making a couple dozen orders per year.
They make their money on the people who under utilise it, so make sure you are a heavy shopper before enlisting.
N4IAG

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 07:30:49 PM »

Amazon Prime is great if you buy a LOT of stuff but it's not good if your just making a couple dozen orders per year.
They make their money on the people who under utilise it, so make sure you are a heavy shopper before enlisting.

There's more to Amazon Prime than free shipping. My wife gets lots of streaming TV shows and movies, plus free books with Prime, on her Kindle fire. And I have the Amazon Instant Video app on an iPad that gives me the same goodies. Plus with the free 2-day shipping, it's a good deal for us.

But you're right, if you only use it for free shipping, and don't order much, it's not such a good deal. Though with high shipping costs for 2-day shipping, you don't really have to be a heavy shopper to recoup your $79.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: