Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not decoding packets  (Read 5462 times)
KF5JNU

Ignore
« on: October 08, 2012, 04:21:18 PM »

I just got my base setup for APRS. Its been a while in the making but its on the air.

Specs-
Xastir on Mint 13
Ts-2000
Arcp2000 or gtkterm

I am able to tx and get into an igate and when using my TH-D72 everything works fine but when it wont receive packets from anywhere else. I can hear them at s6-7 but they don't show up in either xastir or even across my terminal. But like I said I can use my HT and get full functionality. Is the signal strength too low?
K0ECW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 11:25:06 AM »

How does the data get from the radio to the TNC? If it is through the speaker output you may need to adjust the volume setting on the radio. It may be too high or too low.

Do you have a buddy with APRS? If so, have him drive around your neighborhood and adjust your settings until you can receive data correctly.
W5DQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:33 AM »

How does the data get from the radio to the TNC? If it is through the speaker output you may need to adjust the volume setting on the radio. It may be too high or too low.

Do you have a buddy with APRS? If so, have him drive around your neighborhood and adjust your settings until you can receive data correctly.

He said he's using a TS2000. The TNC is internal to the radio.

Perhaps the TNC is set for 9600 and not 1200 for VHF? I have a TS2000 but don't use the TNC portion of it so can't offer much advice. Nothing around here to talk to unless I put up the other end of the link too Sad

Gene W5DQ
Ridgecrest, CA - DM15dp
www.radioroom.org
WE0Z

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 05:18:02 AM »

I had the same problem with the D700. What I discovered was that the serial cable from your laptop or desktop, mine was the laptop, generated some RF blanking out the receiver in the D700. I took a toroid wrapped 2 or so turns on it and the problem went away. Look at this and try it.
Bob WE0Z
Kansas City
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: