Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood ts430  (Read 1344 times)
KD8LXD

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2012, 06:23:13 PM »

I have a kenwood ts430, wont turn on when i push the power button it squeals and has no display nothing, Is she a gonner or can it be fixed Huh Thanks HELP!!!!!!
K2OWK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 09:23:21 PM »

Anything can be fixed. It depends on wether it is cost effective. I got very little information from your post, but the first thing I would check is the power supply. It sounds like it is trying to turn on, but the power supply is not suppling enough current, so as soon as you turn it on the voltage drops below the units operating point and shuts down. Check the power supply (or battery) for voltage before turning on their unit. Then check it with the unit turned on to see if the voltage drops all the way down.

Again I have very little information on your post, but it sure sounds like your unit is shutting down. The squeal you here is the power supply shutting down for inability to supply enough current to your transceiver.

73s

Hope this helps.

K2OWK
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:40:09 AM »

I have a kenwood ts430, wont turn on when i push the power button it squeals and has no display nothing, Is she a gonner or can it be fixed Huh Thanks HELP!!!!!!

In the back right corner of the IF unit is a 7805, 5v regulator, mounted to the aluminum rail. Directly in front of it are 2 electrolytic caps, a 1uf 50v and a 47uf 25v. Replace both of them.

Clif
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »

In the back right corner of the IF unit is a 7805, 5v regulator, mounted to the aluminum rail. Directly in front of it are 2 electrolytic caps, a 1uf 50v and a 47uf 25v. Replace both of them.

Clif

If this is Kenwood Clif, I was going to send him your way. Never mind! LOL
KD8LXD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »

Thanks for the info on this but i think its over my head. I`ll try to find someone to fix it. Dont want to mess it up more.
                                          73`s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: