Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill and Lynne Rouch N6HBO - sloppy Ebay seller  (Read 7697 times)
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« on: October 13, 2012, 12:17:14 AM »

I bought a G5RV antenna from Bill and Lynne Rouch N6HBO off ebay under the handle "bdrouch". After a week passed and no antenna, I called the offered 800 number to ask why. Lynne told me that they were waiting for the manufacturer to ship them the product, and they had no idea when the manufacturer would send them the antennas. I looked on ebay and the only other sources for this particular G5RV Jr antenna appear to be in the UK. I hate to ask for my money back since Bill is apparently blind and relies on ebay income, so I'll just wait. I still think this is sloppy, to sell product you don't have and then be up the creek when your middleman doesn't deliver. Also, I'd pay more for this antenna if I ordered from the UK, money I don't have right now. I realize that when you run a biz out of your house that corners get cut, but I still think that if you sell something you should have stock on hand.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 06:46:02 AM »

Then why did you post here?  You don't want to ask for your money back--yet you're giving the seller a bad review here?  Did you stop to consider that they may have had a couple on hand, had sold them and were waiting for resupply when you ordered?
KA9MOT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 11:49:28 AM »

Hams buy antennas? Whodathunkit?
AG6WT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »

Bryan,

If I'm looking at the same eBay listing, it says there are 4 available, the item location is Oceanside, CA and expected delivery next week. The ad implies that he has them in stock. Since he doesn't have any in stock and doesn't have an ETA from his supplier, I'd ask for my money back.

Next time, try HRO in Oakland. They have RadioWavz G5RV's in stock and should be able to get one to you in 2-3 days by mail.

Ray KJ6AMF
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 11:55:39 PM »

I should update that I called Lynne and asked for my money back on Sunday morning, October 14, and the money was back in my Paypal account the next day. So, at least the Rouches are somewhat honest. I still think that they shouldn't sell product they don't have, and imply in the ad that they DO have it. I will order my next antenna from HRO.
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 04:12:08 AM »

I should update that I called Lynne and asked for my money back on Sunday morning, October 14, and the money was back in my Paypal account the next day. So, at least the Rouches are somewhat honest. I still think that they shouldn't sell product they don't have, and imply in the ad that they DO have it. I will order my next antenna from HRO.
Or just build one. A G5RV is simple to build. But I am glad to hear your money was refunded.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 07:42:35 AM »

Hi,

With no comment here regarding the existing purchase, seller or buyer, here is a brief comment about why I use Paypal...

When I purchase anything, I use Paypal.  Why?  Protection against bad sellers.  In two cases in the last 10 years I have had an issue with a seller, who:

a.  refused to provide a product after being paid, and,
b.  broken product arrived and the seller refused to correct.

In both cases I involved the Paypal resolution system, and in both cases PayPal found in my favor.  Given that I have had several hundred purchases, and lots of sales, all but two, with zero problems, I don't think it is me causing any issues like being too picky etc.  I always use the eBay email system, this gives eBay and PayPal access to all emails, which I am sure helped in both cases.

When I see a seller who does not like PayPal flags raise for me...  I am sure there are good sellers who dislike PayPal, and I am sure I have missed out on a deal or two, but for me, it raises flags, and I won't do business with them.  Why?  If they dislike the PayPal system, (and they may have totally valid reasons I am unaware of), I always offer to pay up the percentage PayPal adds.  If they still don't like PayPal I get nervous and will not buy from them. 

My guess is that somehow the seller got involved in a Pay Pal dispute, lost said dispute, then PayPal recovered the money, (back-charging the sellers account), and the seller still thinks that somehow they should have won, and now he is angry at PayPal for back charging his account.  I am sure there are valid reasons to dislike PayPal, but I really can't think of any other than they can back charge you if a dispute arises.  From the sellers point of view, I can see where they might be scared of some buyers, I have met some people I would NEVER sell anything to.  They will beat the price down on a new item from a store, use it for a few days then return it...  I try and avoid them at all costs...  Although I assume that PayPal will take this sort of buyer in mind when resolving an issue...  Anyway, my reasons for Paypal...

73's
Dave

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 04:22:13 AM »

With apology for going off topic, I will use PayPal, but I won't accept it when I sell.  Why?  I got burned by a dishonest buyer who substituted their equipment for the equipment I shipped them--and then complained to PayPal.  Since I didn't take pictures and didn't have serial numbers, PayPal found for the buyer--and I got stuck with their old junk.

Usually, if the person you're dealing with has good feedback, you can be fairly certain that they'll be fair on their dealings, but you never know.

Oh, and BTW, I still use a separate bank account for the connection to my PayPal account, and there is no credit card link to it--just the bank account.  That way, if PayPal tries to get any more money out of the account, they're unable to.  When PayPal is regulated like the banks online are, then I'll have more faith in them--but not until then.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:24:26 AM by K1CJS » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: