Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paddle practive oscillator?  (Read 4163 times)
N4NYY

Ignore
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:55:26 AM »

MFJ makes a straight keyer oscillator. But I have not been able to google a paddle version. Does anybody make one?
AB9NZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:24:26 AM »

The Vectronics keyer kit works good for that, about 25 bucks. Good luck, Tom ab9nz
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »

I have been putting this off as I restore a couple radios per year. I am going to have to give that up to dedicate it to CW. Also, my daughter will be 7 and I would like to learn it with her.
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 08:24:06 PM »

Just about any keyer (e.g., the PicoKeyer, or any of the MFJ keyers) will have an audio output device.   Without one, it's impossible to monitor your sending.

Or maybe I don't understand the question . . .

.          Charles
AE4RV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 06:03:55 AM »

Yes, most any keyer should do but you can also use your radio. Just turn the break-in off and you should still hear a side tone when you key but the transceiver won't transmit.
PA0BLAH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 06:17:03 AM »

So you need a keyer in order to get a sidetone from a paddle.

You better start with a straight key. Home made it, your daughter will think you are God, by creating a key from a soup can, and a few nails or srews (turning to the RIGHT in order to screw them IN) and a piece of plywood.
KA5N

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »

Vinnie, the K42 CW Keyboard from WWW.K1el.com is a combination of a keyboard keyer
paddle keyer and Morse reader.   As with most readers it leaves something to be desired
as a off the air decoder but works great to read back your paddle sending as you practice.
It has a built in side tone.  You can also program in a number of messages. It is a $109 kit that is easy to assemble.  Runs off of 12 volts dc and is small enough to hold in one hand.
Lots of instructions (read em!!) K1el makes other stuff as well.

Allen KA5N
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: