Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry seller. I'll NEVER buy again!  (Read 8780 times)
W4WXT

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2012, 12:17:45 PM »

This was a horrible transaction. It was for an Alinco DR-590T. Agreement was, when funds were recieved, radio would ship. Funds received in the form of a cashiers check (certified funds) on Oct. 5th 10:07 AM. Seeing as it was Friday we agreed it to ship that following Monday by FedEx. It did not. I got an email that Tuesday he was out of town. But, it was to ship the day before? From the time the funds were received till it shipped was 6 days, and that was after I asked when could my item get shipped? I posed that question AFTER the day it should have shipped. (it finally got shipped by USPS with no tracking number) I communicated the shipment of my cashiers check every step of the way. From the tracking number, to actual delivery. I did NOT get the same courtesy. The sellers comment was since it would be there in a few days he didn't bother with a tracking number. Here is an excerpt from the email;
Hi Bobby,
Its an Alinco DR-590T. Its a little older but will do almost as much as the new rigs. Its a true dual bander that has dual receive. Its in very good shape. I will sell it for $160 plus shipping. Have everything fro it and its in very nice shape.

K-K
KB9SI
The power cord is 4 inches long, no mounting bracket, thumb screws and no separation cable, and the memory battery is dead. Now, I'm not expecting new, however, I did expect it to be as described. I was told by the shipper, he might have a bracket to fit this radio and he knew the power cord was short and this comes after the radio is delivered and email sent for missing parts!...Really??? This is unacceptable in my book. NEVER again will I buy from this person.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:42:40 PM by KS9LBW » Logged
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 01:06:32 PM »

You didn't mention from where/whom you purchased this radio.

~ Mitch ~
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 01:49:00 PM »

You didn't mention from where/whom you purchased this radio.

~ Mitch ~
Its an Alinco DR-590T. Its a little older but will do almost as much as the new rigs. Its a true dual bander that has dual receive. Its in very good shape. I will sell it for $160 plus shipping. Have everything fro it and its in very nice shape.

K-K
KB9SI
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:58:28 AM »

OK, let me ask again.... Who did you buy it from?  Roll Eyes
Inquiring minds want to know.

~ Mitch ~
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 04:52:41 AM »

OK, let me ask again.... Who did you buy it from?  Roll Eyes

~ Mitch ~

Not to lend an insult, but if you actually read the response, the seller seems to be KB9SI--K-K J Miyagawa.  The originator underlined the call--if you took the time to really see what you're reading.  Also, the seller was identified in the first post, if one would take the time to read and comprehend: 
Here is an excerpt from the email;...
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »

OK, let me ask again.... Who did you buy it from?  Roll Eyes

~ Mitch ~

Not to lend an insult, but if you actually read the response, the seller seems to be KB9SI--K-K J Miyagawa.  The originator underlined the call--if you took the time to really see what you're reading.  Also, the seller was identified in the first post, if one would take the time to read and comprehend:  
Here is an excerpt from the email;...
Thanks Chris.......Even spelled out you have to give explanations lol......hold on...here is my eye roll too~   Shocked  Roll Eyes  Okay. I'm good now~ lolol
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »

I think you should have asked more questions and requested pictures of the rig operating to be sent to you over the internet. Unfortunately, hams don't seem to be as honorable as they used to when selling their used equipment. Your first question should be; "What's wrong with it?"  Wink

All of the things you mentioned are pretty much run of the mill and to be expected with used older radios. How much did you pay for it?  Smiley

I see hams complaining about eBay on this site all of the time, but at least with an eBay/PayPal deal you have recourse and may be able to recover your money of the radio doesn't show up. You might want to keep that in mind. I would never buy a radio directly through the mail from another ham. Grin
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 07:10:05 PM »

Ok. I finally see it. - Most folks put the offender in the title or the first few lines.
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 01:15:49 AM »

I think you should have asked more questions and requested pictures of the rig operating to be sent to you over the internet. Unfortunately, hams don't seem to be as honorable as they used to when selling their used equipment. Your first question should be; "What's wrong with it?"  Wink

All of the things you mentioned are pretty much run of the mill and to be expected with used older radios. How much did you pay for it?  Smiley

I see hams complaining about eBay on this site all of the time, but at least with an eBay/PayPal deal you have recourse and may be able to recover your money of the radio doesn't show up. You might want to keep that in mind. I would never buy a radio directly through the mail from another ham. Grin
Well, as some might think those "run of the mill" issues with older radios don't fly with me. The description states what is to come with it, along with condition. If it don't come with it? Don't state it or lead with innuendos regarding condition and accessory availability.  And I assuredly didn't just willy nilly buy this off some ham. I did quite a bit of homework and took the risk. There were some other ham sites who give this seller a 5 star rating, another reason to give less cause for alarm. I see your point, and it is well taken. My philosophy is a man is worth NOTHING if he has no honor. So, I trusted someone and I didn't get all I paid for, therefore, I have met another person with no honor.  It's no big deal really. It's an inanimate piece. I'm sure I will survive. And to the other post? I didn't put it in there for a reason in the title. I wanted to make sure everyone seen all of this and not just skimmed through it. My apologies if it indeed took some reading to find the culprit.
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 01:37:05 AM »

Quote from:  link=topic=85878.msg628176#msg628176 date=1350634549
My philosophy is a man is worth NOTHING if he has no honor....
... And to the other post? I didn't put it in there for a reason in the title.
I wanted to make sure everyone seen all of this and not just skimmed through it.
My apologies if it indeed took some reading to find the culprit.
Gee, that was surely misleading for someone who cherishes honor.
Thank you for putting yourself first and wasting everyone's time.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Your 'apology' rings hollow my friend.

~ Mitch ~
KI4SDY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 05:37:12 AM »

Well, as some might think those "run of the mill" issues with older radios don't fly with me.
[/quote]

Obviously, you need to buy new radios from now on, not used ones. You never did tell us how much you paid for the radio.  Undecided
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »

Well, as some might think those "run of the mill" issues with older radios don't fly with me.

Obviously, you need to buy new radios from now on, not used ones. You never did tell us how much you paid for the radio.  Undecided
[/quote]
Vern,
       Really? It matters not. Used or, brand spanking new! " run of the mill and to be expected with older radios"....When I'm told something is to be a particular condition when I buy it? That's EXACTLY what I expect. That's what  I PAID FOR and want nothing more and certainly nothing LESS. And what I paid for it was divulged in earlier posts. If you'd read them instead of browsing thru what catches your attention in some form of attempt to make an arguement with my sales transaction? You'd know what I paid for it. And honestly, what I paid for it is 100% irrelevant. What I paid for I did NOT get. Plain and simple.
PBPP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 11:52:01 AM »

Well.... I can see the problem exists with the buyer and not the seller.  LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy
Can we change the title of the thread to 'Buyer's Remorse' ?

~ Mitch ~
KA9MOT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »

Well.... I can see the problem exists with the buyer and not the seller.  LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy

~ Mitch ~

I disagree, The buyer has every right to expect his item to be "as described".  The seller has the obligation to describe his item as accurately as he can. Pictures always help.

Why the anonymous post PBPP?
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 05:48:39 PM »

~ Mitch ~

I disagree, The buyer has every right to expect his item to be "as described".  The seller has the obligation to describe his item as accurately as he can. Pictures always help.

Why the anonymous post PBPP?
Ah, ignore him Steve. He had to be told 3 times who the seller was for him to even know who I was posting about. LOL It's all good. Some children just argue to make themselves look like something they'd wished they could have been all along...... Intelligent      :-)          Have a great day!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 06:04:31 PM by KS9LBW » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: